Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Adirondak black bear hunt >

Adirondak black bear hunt

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Adirondak black bear hunt

Old 10-04-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Adirondak black bear hunt

I just got back froma 4 day hunt for black bears in upper Essex County in the Adirondacks. I didn't see a freaking thing haha. The only sign I saw was a log that had been turned over and ripped open to the middle where it ate all the grubs. I did however see a ton of deer sign, but no deer. The only living thing I saw was a few ruffled grouse which I had never seen before so that was cool. That stuff is thick up there.....I could barely see a thing. Im addicted though hahaha im going back when regular deer season opens up. Mayb my luck will be alittle better......but I have family who hunted there and said u could go 10 years without seeing a deer or bear, but usually when you do they ae freakin big.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:06 AM

Default RE: Adirondak black bear hunt

Welcome to the High Peaks region hunting. I've been scouting all summer long and so far haven't seen a deer or a bear. I've found tracks from both and other sign. Where were you hunting? You have the thick part right, I couldn't believe it when I first went in. I like the challenge of it up here, but I am glad I still hunt central NY for a good chance at success.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:34 AM

I was hunting just north of the High Peaks region on Mt. Whiteface in Wilmington. Yea its real thick,I had to find spots where I could see more then 5ft. Its addicting though cuz you just never know when a big bear or deer will just apppear. Im going to try to go back up in mid to late November and rattle and see if i can bring them to me, but even then after I get one ive got several hours of dragging ahead of me....Goodluck with your scouting and hunting...
Old 10-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i went bear hunting a few years ago up in natural bridge or great bend in lewis county(i think its lewis county anyway). I was probably 15 jsut following my dad. we walked across a couple beaver damns like a million times and saw nothing all day. But it was fun. I would love to go up there again, but i dont really know much about bears, like how to judge their size. I have never eaten bear meat, but i would love to try it.