Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA hunters, what do you think of the point restriction now? >

PA hunters, what do you think of the point restriction now?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA hunters, what do you think of the point restriction now?

Old 09-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA hunters, what do you think of the point restriction now?

Good luck to you on Saturday as well!

Yes, youare correct.The PGC does consider accidents in their strategy.
Deer car accidents are somethingthat theentire public would like to see reduced. I can see how one could assume that the insurance industry might have something to say about that but it's simply not true. In the big scheme of things it's simply much too small of an issue to even get the smallest rise fron the ins companies. Even if it were a bigger problem, deer claims are an easy profit center becuse they are statistcaly easy to predict. If you can predict a claim you can adequately charge for it. Trust me on this..... Insurance companies WILL profit from anything they can predict and subsequently charge for.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alt admitted from day one that no one from the insurance industry ever contacted him.I've been in this business for 15 years and can tell you for a fact that insurance companies do not get involved with game management.Go back and look at every sponsor for the audubon conferances and Alt's new wave of seminars.Not one insurance company is listed.They truly don't care.Insurance companies have to pay claims but the best claims to pay are those that are predictable.Deer claims are just that.

BTBOWHUNTER,my coyote stocking efforts are coming to a close now that archery season is here.Those buggers make to much noise in the pen behind my house anyway.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

BTBOWHUNTER,my coyote stocking efforts are coming to a close now that archery season is here.Those buggers make to much noise in the pen behind my house anyway.
Got a shipment of Mountain Lions due in December and a truckload of Abbagoochees to stock in February. Want to ride along when we stock?
Old 09-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

If those crocs take in the allegheny river the A.N.F. should regenerate just fine.