Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 pa. game com. and 4 wheelers >

pa. game com. and 4 wheelers

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa. game com. and 4 wheelers

Old 07-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pa. game com. and 4 wheelers

Missed,those kids do alot of damage to people's property.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:41 PM

Have you ever hunted in a location which was over run with four wheelers day in & day out. Regardless of what people who ride them say, they disturb game and continuous riding in the same location will push deer out of that location. This could also lead to doe/fawn separation leavingthe fawns venerable to predator attacks. The is private land on the ridge behind my house is a good example. A neighbor's children have reach riding age and they run all over the ridge pushing the game around, even pushing deer past me while in a treestand a time or two.Yes, riding four wheelers anywhere in woods which are open to hunters, affects those hunters no matter what time of year it is done. I use to ride snowmobiles on state forest land and we quite oftendisturbed herds of deer, back when there was such a thing.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will disagree with you PANorm on one thing four wheelers dont disturb game as some people think. My property I can run my atv and the deer are use to me and act like I am not there. Think about it thats like saying a farmer should stay out of his fields because the deer runaway from tractors. I understand if you are chasing the deer they will move on. I do agree the kids should only ride where they have permission. Thats just my 2 cents.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:43 AM

most deer around this county are so use to atv's they hardly even raise a tail. i chase more deer than any atv does when we are haying the fields. alot of fawns come up out the high grass when we are cutting. but they just trot to one of the wood lines and lay back down. i not here to defend any kid that is damaging someone's land. if we see it happen we are on them like a fly on sh**. but it does not happen that much. there are six families in this valley and we pretty much own all of it. and it is open to every hunter and every atv. the only group of people that i limit on the land are logging companys. they robbed trees and left the area a mess. they did not even clear the roads that were open when they started. there are four owners to the north and one to the south. the one on the south side has a gas station/food stop so we see a lot of traffic down a couple of the dirt roads. but you know alot of the riders are older guys just out enjoying the outdoors. for example every wednesday night there is a group of guys from one of the local plants that get together and ride threw to fuel up at the station. then they come back across and ride to some place to have dinner. what can they possibly hurt. some of you guys are trying to make people believe that every atv rider is a kid just looking for some land to damage. this is far from the case. around here the woods are to thick to just ride threw 99.99% of the people just ride down one of the dirt roads. as for liablity of the land. pa lawmakers have passed a law to protect the land owners from liablity from anyone crossing their land. we do not even have to post land anymore. i know i went over board here on the atv's but i think it is time to question some of the practices of the PGC. some of you guys came up with some good points. but i will always believe it is foolish to chase a kid for using a dirt road.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The poachers in our area have a field day with ATVs.While it's true the deer seem to be used to the four wheelers they have messed up our hunts in the past.If you have a deer's travel routes all it takes is a four wheeler to drive by and alter that route.And then there's the ATVS while I'm trying to hunt turkey.[:@]