Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NYS Doe Permit Odds >

NYS Doe Permit Odds

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYS Doe Permit Odds

Old 07-12-2005, 07:43 AM

Default NYS Doe Permit Odds

Well read it and weep boys. At least NYS is being proactive and hopefully the populations in depressed areas will respond.

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/license/dmpchances.html
Old 07-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NYS Doe Permit Odds

The charts look like I will not be affected AS much as other areas of the state. Hopefully I do not get skunked.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:44 PM

I hunt in 9y--we have been way off in kills the last 2 years. I'm real supprised that we are still in the high section. Really wish they would back off a year or two with the permits.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Its what they promised and what many of us wanted. 8T and 8Y have been hammered for years .... I'm glad to see the reductions.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same old...Same old for me. Plenty of deer and plenty of permits...3f
Old 07-14-2005, 12:50 PM

Once again, the DEC is screwing the non-residents. Here in MA, everyone is given equal opportunity, even for the non-residents.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Those numbers are pretty interesting...they really seem to be cutting back in Region's 8 and 9 which arethe state's 2 most productive areas. I hunt 8P / 8R and it appears that they're cutting back pretty good...8P is only Mediumwith no chance of #2and 8R is High for the first but I don't see it listed for #2.This could be the first time since I started deer hunting at age 16 that I didn't get both DMP permits. I wonder if they're still gonna give us a statewide archery doe tags or if you can still transfer over DMP's? I agree that the deer pop. is down a bit in my area from where it was 4 or 5 years ago and I really don't think that I've seen as many does in the last couple of years as I used to but there are still plenty of deer around. I guess alot of people in the area just tend to associate good deer hunting with the vast overpopulation of does that we've had for years. From what I hear, they're still giving nuisance permits out like candy again this year. If the herd is in need of rebounding throughout the state, then how come the DEC is justifying the southern zone rifle bill by saying that the deer pop. in outta control? I firmly believe that the main problem, in my area anyways, is not so much that the deer pop. is in bad shape, rather is the ever increasing lack of access to hunting land thats a problem.

Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM

Come to the southern part of region 8. Its down. Like everywhere, there are hot and cold spots (private land), but we are down 40% in 2 years.

I don't associate good hunting with an overpopulation of does .... its just that I saw exactly 2 mature does during bowseason last year in an area that I typically see 30-40. By the way, I saw 13 bucks. So much for an overpopulation of does.

Does have been hammered where accessible in 8Y and 8T for years. They need a break. We'll see if they get it - a supersportsman still allows the holder to take 2 does a year, without any DMP.

Old 07-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year was the worst year in 7F for me. I only havested 1 deer and that was during bow season. The year before I took 1 during bow season and 3 during shotgun.But on opening day I saw 0 but the year before I saw 9 before 11. I hope it improves.

Quick Reply: NYS Doe Permit Odds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.