Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Trees: a public menace >

Trees: a public menace

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Trees: a public menace

Old 06-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trees: a public menace

I think there are much too many mature trees around. The mature trees are choking out too many species that depend on sunlight to thrive. Vast stretches of country are like barren wastelands, full of starving wildlife that must be saved. We can't continue to protect one species at the cost of many others. Eco-tourism is endangering the welfare of our state and it is time that we stand up and come to the defense of our great land. We cannot let the selfish tourists, intent on seeing vast reaches of gigantic trees on their "outings", lay waste to the landscape, and produce this lifeless, barren forest floor. The poor herbivores are starving, chewing on tree trunks, in a vain attempt to effect an existance. Please, join with me folks, before it too late.

OK, just a thought, but what do you think?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:36 AM

Default RE: Trees: a public menace

Yep, wipe out all the trees so there is nothing to convert CO2 back to O2
Old 06-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO NO! Get rid of MATURE trees. They are the problem. Nothing wrong with saplings and young timber. They are GOOD. Gigantic stretches of mature trees covering the land is BAD. Eco-tourists don't like to look at brush and saplings, where wildlife thrives. Get the idea now?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Q.T.M is the answer .Kill all the old trees.Let the little grow.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now you are getting my drift. We must bring the mature tree population into balance with the ecosystem. Eco-tourists are spoiled with seeing millions of behemoth trees on every "outing". They must learnhow to HUNT for the really big trees. Then, and only then, will they truly appreciate them for what they are.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

A Sunday season would add many more days afield for every tree slayer out there.

A revenue wind fall!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Theworst commercial I saw was for BASF forestry where they were promoting forests with no choking underbrush, making it safer for hunters and recreational users.
Help the deer out that live in the mature forests by cutting down a tree or 50.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:24 PM

No problem with mature trees here in VA. Once they reach 30 years old TIMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down they go! All of the property within a square mile or more has been logged, except mine and my neighbors, but he will log his within the next year. Good for the animals up to a point; the point where the browse is out of reach for the deer and the undergrowth is being choked out. And,the trees are not old enough to produce nuts, fruit, etc.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe there should be a branchrestriction,(Br). All trees that are over the (Br) are legal game!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually T in a new study they found out all the trees in the rain forest in South America give off carbon monoxide which is what they say harms the ozone layer.
We don't want all the mature tress cut down but there's gotta be some management to open the canopy because we don't let fires burn naturally anymore from lightening strikes.

Quick Reply: Trees: a public menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.