Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

jim badger il.

Old 03-05-2005, 07:31 PM

Default jim badger il.

Did anybody hunt the jim badger in the last couple of years? How did you do and what was it like?
Old 03-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: jim badger il.

I think you mean Jim Edgar Panther Creek. I didn't hunt last year, but did the year before and previously. I live in NW Indiana and got screwed by hot weather too many times driving all the way down there. Thousands of asian beetles plagued my last hunt. They take over down there in October. Now I do day trips to a couple public properties in NE Illinois. Only when the weather is cold. Much better results.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:22 AM

Thanks Zim I don't know where my head was when I wrote badger; Idid mean the jim edger thanks for seting me staight ;and the reply. good luck.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

JEPC is a good place to bowhunt, but you must apply for a draw if you are a nonresident. Then you are awarded only one week. Then you sit back and hope that week is cold. Just don't draw my week, whatever that is, because you will be swarmed by the beetles. Pressure is not bad since they went to a NR draw. IL has tons of good public land for bucks. Try a few different and learn the land, and stay flexible.

The campgrounds at JEPC are great. Centrally located and clean, beautiful views from the compact hunter cabins they rent. Good quality bucks IF it's cold.