Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IDNR changing state of deer hunting. >

IDNR changing state of deer hunting.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IDNR changing state of deer hunting.

Old 03-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: IDNR changing state of deer hunting.

Thanks so much Don K. You are really informative. I appreciate your efforts.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 03-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

C
One thing I would like to see all outfitters go to......offer a chance at a FREE hunt for every hunter that tags a doe while there. I was amazed at how many clients shot does when I implemented this one.
Check out www.huntingunlimitedinc.com
Larry offers this free hunt draw for all his clients whom shoot a doe while hunting with him... I think it is a great way to reduce the doe #'s , it gives the hunters more of an incentive to shoot a doe, as well as makes for some greatful clients and makes for repeat customers..... I think its a great program
Old 03-10-2005, 07:56 PM

Who says that just because they take away the cap, that there goes the 2 buck per year limitation! And as far as the check stations goes, how do they think they can keep track of who shoots what! What kind of management from DNR is that! I believe its all political!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

where do you live lady? Im in Perry IL, and my brother is a guide for Hunting Unlimited.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

where do you live lady? Im in Perry IL, and my brother is a guide for Hunting Unlimited.
Allright what is your brothers name???
I am over in Urbana... East central Illinois.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

my brothers name is ryan, he has been there for awhile, but left a few years ago to head to college, and last year he went back again, they had an excellent year this year. Larry is a great guy and runs a great outfit.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started hunting with Larry back in 2001 to 2004....I dont recall Ryan...... was he there in that time frame?
He dosent happen to be the young man in red in the pic?

Larry has always had such a great bunch of guys working for him they make me as a Mom of young men their age PROUD when I hunt with them!!!!
God I sound OLD [&:]..... Jeeze I have a son 22 and a son 16...I started haveing kids early[8D] but I dont feel old.... YET
I remember Butch but he has been gone for a while the old knees couldnt take it any more... And My Favorite Guide My Buddy Dean.. glad he is back and his back is better, Alex, Tim, Mark. and Larry's Son............cant put a face with the name Ryan though .Sorry........Your brother is a lucky guy to work for Larryand Phillyis , they are wonderful people
Old 03-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Still no word.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

I am too busy to check, but according to info I was reading in the bowhunting forum, Iowa and Kansas must be drawn for non-resident tags sooooooo, why doe Illinois have to be different?

No matter what happens my faith in responsible wildlife management will continue to erode as long as politicians think they should make the rules.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:06 PM

Last I heard there were "negotiations" going on to modify the bills before they go infront of the full house and full senate. I for one, wouldn't be surprised if the DNR's version, with more NR tags at a higher price than before, is what ends up happening. No inside information but running off a hunch and being a cynical viewer of Illinois Politics and finances.

Quick Reply: IDNR changing state of deer hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.