Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
public land in Kansas for deer? >

public land in Kansas for deer?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

public land in Kansas for deer?

Old 08-11-2002, 02:57 PM
Spike

Default public land in Kansas for deer?

When I retire in 3 or 4 years,my wife wants to move back to Wichita.Thats where she is from. I'm a native texan,but down here it is a big business. Its hard for a working man to find a decent place to hunt. What public land there is,is very overcrowded.I tried it once and thought I was back in nam,only I couldn't shoot back. Is there decent deer hunting up there without costing a fortune?Do they have decent public land to hunt on?thanks. sj

Old 08-11-2002, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: public land in Kansas for deer?

Well, try to give ya some ideas. There are some good public lands to hunt, how crowded, I don't know, never hunted them, but around Wichita, there are several that have good to fair whitetail hunting. I thought about listing them out of the Ks. Wildlife and Parks Mag. for ya, but it would be easier for you to call them and request a copy of the July/Aug. issue. It shows all of Ks. and the wildlife areas and lists all hunting and fishing opportunities and rates them also. You can contact the Ks. Depart. of Wildlife at (620)672-5911. This is thier operations office,in Pratt, and I'm sure they can help you with any questions you have. In that area, of Ks., there are about 15 public areas totaling approx. 35,000 acres, so I would think you could get away from the crowds, and being that you will be retired, you might get lonely during the week. Hope that helps!
Old 09-04-2002, 04:32 PM

Well if you decide to move closer to KC then there is a place Just south Called Hillsdale Lake opening day its pretty crowded(thats if you rifle hunt)but if you bow hunt then you can have ur pick of the litter of spots.There is also alot of places out in western KS. also if you are interested in a mule deer

Edited by - KS_Hunter on 09/04/2002 17:34:10
Old 09-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-15-2002, 11:35 PM

how hard is it to find a place with bth whitetails and mulies, one of these day i would love to get out there and try on for,is it a draw hunt or over the counter tag,also how hard is it to find a good place in ks.