Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 any place to boar hunt in indiana?? >

any place to boar hunt in indiana??

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

any place to boar hunt in indiana??

Old 12-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: any place to boar hunt in indiana??

son-in-laws hog. Oh, we both had 2 misses each b/4 connecting. A real fun time & the couple running the operation are super nice.

Old 02-06-2005, 08:16 AM

I have hunted and guide for Backwoods Preserve located in Northern Indiana. And we do have Russian Boar Available. Check out the website at www.backwoodsperserve.com
thanks
derek
Old 02-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

I live near Richmond and their is a place just north of their called bowguns. They are a fenced in area but offer all kinds of different hunts. here is the web site for it http://bowguns.com/ I have never been before so I don't know much about it but thought I would pass on the info.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard a guy started a hunting farm, went out of business, and turned his critters (hogs) loose. It was in or near Hoosier National Forest. Maybe Johnson County?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:15 AM

There were some Russian boars killed in Warrick county a few years ago. They were shipped in for a private hunt and they got free. I don't know if there are any still running wild, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were. If I can find any old articles on it, then I'll post them. There was guy who killed two while bowhunting.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:53 AM

there is an area in the southwestern indiana that has free ranging ferals .... was gonna hunt them one season ...til i found out how the people hunt em .... they drive down the road spotlighting (without a weapon) find the hogs feedin in fields ...then go back....pick up their weapon of choice ....go back ...get downwind and stalk with flashlights .... not very sporting if ya ask me ... but i spose it puts the bacon in the skillet lol
Old 02-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: canis_lupus

there is an area in the southwestern indiana that has free ranging ferals .... was gonna hunt them one season ...til i found out how the people hunt em .... they drive down the road spotlighting (without a weapon) find the hogs feedin in fields ...then go back....pick up their weapon of choice ....go back ...get downwind and stalk with flashlights .... not very sporting if ya ask me ... but i spose it puts the bacon in the skillet lol
It's not suppose to be "sporting". It's suppose to be getting rid of non native vermin in the most efficient means possible. People shooting from the road where ever and when ever they feel like is the reason you can hardly get permission to hunt them even though farmers would like every single one killed.