Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 any place to boar hunt in indiana?? >

any place to boar hunt in indiana??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

any place to boar hunt in indiana??

Old 11-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default any place to boar hunt in indiana??

wanting to give it a try.
thanks jamie
Old 11-30-2004, 08:54 PM

Default RE: any place to boar hunt in indiana??

I know we have some in Indiana. But thats all I know.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:38 PM

did you do an internet search? My guess is they are probably down by Brown County or south of there... closer to Kentucky is my guess. That's where all the turkey's are too... very few and far between up North here.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:46 PM

Interestingly enough, I googled wild boars in Indiana and boar hunting in Indiana and nothing comes up other than ONE site for a ranch...

I don't recall seeing any regulations on it in our hunting and trapping guide either and you would think they would at least mention it.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

the dnr says that there are no wild boar in indiana, so nothing in the regs.
i know in brown county there are a few farm that they have been hunting, and taking a few a year.
if i couldn`t find a pivate land i might just try a fenced hunt,as i know i won`t like it as well as i like my deer hunting, any suggetions?
thanks for the replys.
jamie
Old 12-01-2004, 06:41 PM

Only boar in Indiana are on private hunting preserves-best boar hunting I ever had was in Texas but was with guys in Arkansas that took two a year ago. I couldn't permit so just went along for fun.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

No boars around NE Indiana..and VERY few turkeys. They released a bunch of turkeys in southern Adams Co. this past spring...but most reports I've seen are that few have survived..and the one's still alive will probably migrate to better land.

Indiana sucks. [:@]
Old 12-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I heard that there was boars in Hoosier National Forest. Whether their is any truth to it I have no idea because I have never hunted their before. The story I heard was poachers transplanted them their so that when they were stopped and asked what they were doing spotlighting with guns the could say they were boar hunting. Because the few that Indiana does have the DNR wants out and their is no regulations on them. Good luck and let us know how you do!
Old 12-02-2004, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Trophy Hunter ,
I've researched this subject with IDNR recently , and there are no Russian Boar herds in Indiana . What we have is feral farm hogs in small numbers , mostly concentrated in a seven county area in the SW part of the state . The only Russians you'll find here are at fenced in game farms , and we don't have many of those .
Old 12-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

I have hunted them outside of Bedford in a town called Leesville. Some guy brought up several truck loads of razor backs and turned them loose several several years ago. DNR tried to prove who it was but never could.There are not as many as there use to be but there are some still left. The guy we hunt them on shot a 250 pounder this year during deer season.

Quick Reply: any place to boar hunt in indiana??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.