Old 06-08-2005, 08:28 PM

Default LOOKING FOR A GOOD PLACE TO BOAR HUNT

I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD PLACE TO HUNT WILD BOAR WITH MY
MUZZLELOADER. DON'T WANT A CANNED HUNT NOR DO I WANT
TO GET RAPED EITHER! LIVE IN WESTERN KY. SO TX. & FL. ARE
OUT. ALSO HAS ANYONE TRIED THE MEAT IS IT FIT FOR HUMAN
CONSUMPTION LOL WAS THINKING ABOUT TENN. SO COULD TAKE
THE WIFE & MAKE IT A HUNTING VACATION. TIME FRAME WILL
BE LATE OCT. OR NOV. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:07 AM

Default RE: LOOKING FOR A GOOD PLACE TO BOAR HUNT

Try the wilderness hunting lodge in Monterey Tenn. It is a fenced area but the area's (3) are huge. They all have hillsides, valleys wooded area and so forth. the prices are great from what I have seen compared to other places. Give it a look. www.wildernesshuntinglodge.com
Old 06-09-2005, 01:09 AM

Also my brother shot a 250lb sow there and the meat tastes great.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:59 AM

Try ken moody,loshbough hunting lodge, wilderness hunting lodge, or crooked creek hunting lodge. Go to yahoo and do a search on all of these to get their web sites. I checked into these for a hunt this spring but I as never able to make it. I think Loshbaugh was my favorite.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:47 PM

fresh hog meat is great, clean the porker put his ass in a icechest for 12-14 hours. then BBQ his ass up. I love fresh hog meat, i useually cook myne Whole because i toss a big TO-DO when i get a eatn pig. Neways if you need any info on hog let me know, only thing is i live in texas and cant help you on hunting area around your place
Old 06-10-2005, 12:45 PM

If your hog meat is prepared right you'll never eat a farm pig again in your life. If you have a good butcher you can bring him to, you can get roasts, pork chops, sauasage in all flavors, bacon.....it doesn't end. I have a chest freezer filled with hog meat to the top. You can't beat it.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:01 PM

I keep hearing that the hog size is key if you want food. I've heard both ways "large is fine, and under 100# is the only meat to keep" (also cut the balls and all out asap). Any commints about the size food hog to hunt for?
I have never hunted hogs, but want to get some on my grill and see for my self.

Galey
Old 06-12-2005, 06:01 PM

It's all in the preparation. Get'em cool quick and you're fine. A 100 pound sow is fantastic of course, but I have had a 300lb boar and ate it up just as quick. Before I started eating them as much as I do now and killing all different sizes, I heard all the stories. A big boar can be a tad on the musky side, but nothing to the extreme you hear people talk about.If you make sausage or prepare the backstrap right, you'll never even know. The quicker you get them cool the better, but don't drive yourself crazy. I hunt down here in Florida in some real heat and if we knock one down early, we just gut'em out and keep huntin' We keep'em in the shade and they're fine for a while. The little ones are great for the smoker.Butterfly the body and smoke'em all day. Then you have pulled pork. Don't go crazy with the castration either. After they're dead I've never noticed a difference. You're gonna hear a lot of things. Most of it is false info passed down from generation to generation.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

there are a few places in tennesee i don't know any specific ones. but it's supposed to be pretty good hunting there. i hunt hogs down here in florida and the meat is great.... very tasty when cooked and prepared after the hunt right.

p.s. what part ofwestern kentucky do you live in h2o man. i hunt over in christian county alot.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:58 PM

i have cooked and eatn up to 150lbrs. I wouldnt go bigger than that tho. As a rule, unless i NEED a hog for a party, i dont cook bigger than 100-120lbs. Like i said the only way i will cook bigger is if i have to have one and all i can get is 150lbrs. 60-80 being ideal for cooking. i feed 40-50ppl or more on 100lb hog. I cooked one whole for my wedding (rednecks!! haha) and we feed about 300ppl on 2 80lbrs.

Quick Reply: LOOKING FOR A GOOD PLACE TO BOAR HUNT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.