Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Too many in illinois >

Too many in illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Too many in illinois

Old 11-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Too many in illinois

I am so fed up with all the damn people that shotgun hunt Southern Illinois it is getting almost ridiculous. You cannot walk on the government or even your own private ground and not see f*****g orange. How can you manage your deer herd like that. I don't care if people want to go sit on each others laps on gov't ground but when everybody starts flooding on to private and having no respect its stupid. Something needs to be done.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:07 PM

Default RE: Too many in illinois

I would agree. But if you find someone on private land that don't belong there call the cops or the game warden. The only way to get it under control is to make it cost to much for them to do it. Around here it is almost impossible to find land to hunt on. If you don't own your own, most other land is leased up by out of staters or yankees from up north. I have 84 arcres of my own, that I have bought, taken care of, pay taxes, and sweat over. I don't feel like sharing (plus there are 5 of us that hunt in this family.)
Old 11-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Public land is crazy now especially Beardstown but good thing we own private land, but then again poaching is a big problem this year our neighbor said he has already had to kick out 9 people of his property just during bow season.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Ah the headaches of being a trophy state ...

Makes me glad that I live nextdoor , it takes the pressure off of us .
Old 11-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

im am with you 100% bucky...
last year we were hunting on our family owned ground in brown county, and there is state ground surrounding us, which then, wasnt supposed to be hunted by anyone.well one night when my uncle was walking through the state ground to get to a stand that he had setup on us, he walked 20 yards from a ladder stand and looked up in it, there was a guy there with no orange. my uncle told him to get down and talk to him, the man was very nervous and hit a button on his cell phone and someone came and picked him up immediately, my uncle was about to go crazy, the out-of-state hunters in illinois dont go by law and will do whatever it takes to kill a deer. this is gonna be a problem.