Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 How are things looking in MI? >

How are things looking in MI?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

How are things looking in MI?

Old 10-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How are things looking in MI?

Was hunting all last week in Livingston County. My buddy saw deer almost nightly - does, yearlings, and a variety of year and a half olds. I saw nothing the entire week. We weren't too far apart and I set him up to see deer because it was his first trip out bowhunting, so no surprise I didn't see anything. Yesterday was his last day here before heading back to Florida - we went out to his stand to put more bait down for me to hunt it next weekend and found three freshly made scrapes around the stand, one within 5 yards of the bait pile. Rut is on! Should be some good hunting in the next week or so.

I've talked to guys around the area that have been seeing a ton of deer, just no bruisers.