Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 MI late antlerless >

MI late antlerless

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MI late antlerless

Old 12-05-2003, 06:21 PM

Default MI late antlerless

i was looking forward to doing some late antlerless hunting in MI when i come home for christmas leave(would have been my first time in two years) but the antlerless season is closed in my county adn most of teh surrounding counties. to me this doesn't make any sense. why would they close teh late season in certain counties when they keep saying the deer pop. is to high? what is your gusy input on this?
Old 12-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MI late antlerless

My input, the NRC doesn`t have a clue. Their egos are so big that they won`t listen to the DNR biologists. NRC member Bob Garner said that he was against the late antlerless season because it interfered with his December rabbit hunting. Wonderful way to manage the deer herd.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

We own property in Harrison, Clare County. There's been a late antlerless up there the past five years or whatever and not this year. I'm actually kind of glad as every year for the past five, we've seen less deer and less deer. I saw a chart somewhere where it posted the deer herd goals in all MI counties and it seemed to me they were all at goal or slightly above. It's still a bummer though. Good hunting.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its because the counties that no longer have it are thought to have reached their goals, and the counties that has it still needs to thin up the herd.