Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 drew a antlerless tag! >

drew a antlerless tag!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

drew a antlerless tag!

Old 08-01-2006, 04:55 PM

Default drew a antlerless tag!

so did 3 of my buddies we each got 2 buck tags and a antlerless tag cnat wait been off for a while bought a new bow yesterday cant wait till season so how yalls states work buck only? or can you shot either buck or doe my state used to be this way till a few years ago btu anyways i am happy saw 2 does with 3 fawn yesterday by my satand i cant wait!

matt
Old 08-01-2006, 04:58 PM

Default RE: drew a antlerless tag!

Congrats, and good luck. Here in Missouri, we can purchase, over the counter, an UNLIMITED number of archery antlerless tags.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

In Indiana you can buy over the counter an unlimited number of antlerless tags as long as you do not take moredeer thanthe number permitted in a given county. Many of our counties have a bonus antlerless quota of 8 deer. Even Marion County which encompasses the City of Indianapolis has an 8 deer quota.These permits are $14 each after you purchase the first one at $24. I haven't counted up all the number of deer you could conceivably take throughout the state but it has to be over 500.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:08 PM

yea we can buy surpluse tags but not this year only 50% of people won a tag you coudl shot either doe or buck with bow or muzzaloader but not no more how abotu you guys states?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Unlimited antlerless tag is included in thebow license for Md.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:15 AM

is this for residents only or could an outofstater go and get some over the counter?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:29 AM

In Illinois you get an either sex tag and a antlerless only in the same permit. These are unlimited, by and use as many as you want BUT, you can only kill TWO bucks all season, any weapon. Meaning, if you draw a firearms tag and shot a buck, you can only archery kill one buck. Vise-versa, if you kill two archery bucks early, your firearms either sex is only good for antlerless deer.

Makes you think hard before pulling the trigger on your release.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:32 AM

In Minnesota, it depends on the area you are in, which is nice because they are trying to manage based on the local deer populations. But it can also be a little screwy. For instance, I'm in a "lottery" areathat allows you one deer total (either sex) with a regular archery tag. Last year, our area was designated "managed," which meant I could get two deer with the purchase of a bonus permit(one of each sex or two does). But "intensive" areas allow you to take up to 5 deer.

The screwy part comes in the form of the all season license, which allows you to take up to three deer in one season such as archery or across 3 different seasons such as archery, gun, and muzzleloader. You can purchase this license in a lottery, managed, or intensive harvest area and use it in any of them. So you can change the designation of the lottery area (one deer) into a three deer area for yourself by ponying up some extra cash for the all season license. Works for me as I'd like to take at least two but kind of goes against the whole reason for designating the area lottery for management purposes.