Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio gun week starts soon (11/26/18 ) >

ohio gun week starts soon (11/26/18 )

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio gun week starts soon (11/26/18 )

Old 11-30-2018, 02:18 AM
Typical Buck

well was out again yesterday & around 4 45 pm shooting started . nothing close & was hunting a cut bean field @ 455 i seen a lone doe come out of the park walked straightup a wooded path & came out @ 25 yrds from me & presented herself broadside& shot her with the muzzy & down she went drt.@ 505 pm
Old 11-30-2018, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

I was out in Ohio all day on Wednesday and Thursday. Seen five doe that I decided to pass on.

My buddy shot a nice mature doe last night with his ar in .450 Bushmaster.

I'm done in Ohio for this week, will be back out for extended weekend and for muzzleloaders

-Jake
Old 11-30-2018, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

being that it going to rain again tomorrow ill be sitting in my He Shed and watching the field and the woods above the field.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:34 PM
Typical Buck

heading out today to see if i can get a birthday buck. did't get one last year but the 2 prev. yrs i got a buck on that day.would make it really special for the 60th one. not calling for rain until 11 am but will be in a nice ground blind. was out yesterday & had 2 doe within 150 yrds & then down the road comes a amish buggy & scared them off back to the state park. oh well
Old 12-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

it didnt start to rain here until about 1 pm. sat in the shed and only seen one deer which was up in the woods. it was moving pretty quick so i didnt get a chance for a shot. fairly thick along the hillside. when it started to rain harder i called it a day and went in the house and read some of my Game News magazines. have about four months sitting on the table beside my easy chair. ended up taking a nap around 4 pm. wife said that just before it got dark some came out in the field. still have all next week.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:09 AM
Typical Buck

heading out today the last day of gun week (sunday ) what a change in the weather . yesterday from noon on nothing but a down pour & around 33 to 35 deg. right now it's 55 going to 62 by noon. no birthday buck yesterday. did'nt even see anything. heard a few shot's early in the morning . we still have 1 weekend for extended gun season left.dec 15 & 16. today taking the 450 bushmaster. i think the people out will do some pushing.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:41 AM
Typical Buck

was out yesterday for final day of full gun week& what a beautiful day it was sunny & got to 65 degress until about 445 pm got dark & started raining & @ 5 it became a violent storm start lighting & thundering & 50 mph winds got the heck out of my metal towering stand & was completely drenched by the time i got back to my truck. never in my hunting life did i ever expencience something like that. within 15min it went from a beautiful day to a storm from he##. was abit concerned about elavated stand blowing over.obtw seen a few deer move just before the storm
Old 12-04-2018, 02:31 AM
Typical Buck

well the tally is in for gun week in oh & it was down by 12;257 this year harvest was @60,557 last yrs kill was @ 72,814 lorain county ( county which i hunt in ) kill this year was down by 74 deer @ 628 & last years kill was @ 702. we had some bad weather last week. will see what happens for extended gu season dec 15 & 17
Old 12-04-2018, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Allot of people weren't out much due to the weather .I was out everyday except Friday between oh and pa.

I got a 5 point and a doe, wife got a doe . Still have a buck tag left and a few doe tags . Plus may buy a few more doe tags for late season.

No more antlerless on public land in Ohio now. That'll lower the numbers for the extended season I'm thinking

-Jake
Old 12-04-2018, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

yeah buddie your going to see a BIG DROP in the extended season & muzzy season due to the antlerless deer can not be taken on public land during these 2 seasons & the remainder of archery season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.