Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone >

Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone

Old 10-29-2003, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone

Hello fellow wisconsin hunters, are you ready for the t-zone hunt? I live in South Central Wisconsin and use this t-zone to hopefully secure a doe to get a buck tag for bowhunting. I live in a cwd management area.
Good Luck Tommorrow
Dan
Old 10-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone

I' m staying out of the woods this weekend, CWD zone also. Got my doe with a bow, and would like to try to do the same with a buck. If I can' t get one by regular rifle season I might shoot one then, maybe not. I just don' t get as excited about gun hunting since I picked up a bow 6 years ago. Good luck, the weather this week really got the bucks started in the prerut phase. Wait a minute or two before shooting that doe, if she keeps listening/looking behind her you might get a glimpse at a buck, or several of them on her trail.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:24 AM
nub

Where are you 2 from?

Earned my buck last Sunday. [:-] I' m in the Eradication Zone. Ground Zero if you will. Strange sitting in a tree with a bow when all you hear is gunshots comeing from the neighbors.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:37 AM

My freezers full of Elk meat but I went out Friday just to play with the muzzleloader and scout for the muzzle season. I drove out to the southern Kettle Mor. area. Took a ground stand and about 15 pafter opening time had a small doe, maybe a year and a half old, walk within 20 yards but I let it pass. After a bird hunter came through. I think he pushed the doe my way, I moved about 200 yards away and of course had a small racked but nice body Buck walk to about 12 feet, jump out of his skin, spin around and after getting his little basket racket out of the brush, ran off 50 yards and looked back.
Well worth the time in the woods. I' ll be back there on Dec First in a tree stand with Muzzleloader in hand.
What a nice day to spend in the woods.
I leave early tomorrow to bowhunt in OH with VC1111. Good Buck to Doe ratio down there and VC is a decent guy to share a camp with.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

I' m from Monroe. I hunt in the management area. I just earned my buck tag on Friday. Will try for one more. I really wanted the tag for bowhunting.
Dan
Old 11-02-2003, 07:05 AM

Took my little guy out to see if we could get a doe with the muzzleloader. Never saw a doe!!! We saw 8 different bucks in two days. Hopefully the pictures turn out. We set up in our ground blind and kicked back. Wasn' t impressed with the jerk who shot up one of our treestands! People wonder why you can' t hunt on private land. It' s raining today so I think we' ll watch football unless the little guy wants to go. At least I got some more q-time with him!!
Old 11-03-2003, 08:03 PM

Hey. i got my doe last night. 100 poudns dressed weight
should be good eating. tonight i got one with the bow! this one is 120 pounds dressed
Old 11-03-2003, 08:31 PM

I didn' t go out for the T Zone. What a waste of a nice fall weekend. I am an avid bowhunter. Every year they have this T-Zone right at the begining of the rutt which leaves me out of the woods at my most favorite time of the year.

I wish more hunters would also boycott the T-Zone.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Jeff
I' m an avid bowhunter as well. But I still enjoy the gun seasons now, though for many years I only bowhunted. Starting gun hunting again once my dad couldn' t bow hunt any longer. And after he passed on I continue to gun hunt as well because I really just enjoy deer hunting. In my opinion any thing but deer hunting is a waste of a fine weekend.
But since I' m in a cwd management area and need a doe before a buck, the tzone works good for getting that tag before the bucks start running wild. And like other posters, I seen mostly bucks. Saturday, after I had a buck tag in pocket, I seen three bucks within bow range. One wasn' t to bad. But my buck tag is for my longbow.
Happy Hunting
Dan
Old 11-04-2003, 10:07 AM

DKBS,

I am also a gun hunter. I will be out on November 22 with my .270 ready to shoot a nice deer if I see one.

I just am frustrated with the timing of the T-Zone. One of my buddies had shot three nice bucks in the past on Halloween. With the T-Zone we are now unable to shoot bucks that weekend and we must wear orange. My job allows me to hunt only on weekends. which means that one of the best three weekends to bow hunt is left out of my season(the other two are opening day and this coming weekend).

I have been out in the woods every weekend since the opening day and I have seen many deer including a doe I shot two weeks ago. I am not going to shoot another doe T-Zone or not in hopes for a buck(I can only eat so much venison). So instead of having me in the woods with the abitlity to help bring the heard down I was sitting at home this weekend.

I hunt with about 10 other hunters and only one of us actually hunted the T-Zone and all he saw were bucks including a really nice eight pointer. I know our group is not alone in our boycott of the T-Zone.

We all have the same strategy, we will shoot nice does with our bows. If we don' t have one by the start of the Gun Deer season we then will take our deer then.

Gunhunters have a full 10 days in two weeks to shoot all the does they want. I would venture to think that many of the does tags filled over this weekend could also be filled during the full gun hunt.
Jeff

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.