Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone >

Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone

Old 11-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone

Well the does are thick where I was at. A friend has a farm about three miles from me and had to put a 10 foot fence around his garden because of the deer herd. They broke through his fence twice doing a lot of damage, so he wanted some of them thinned.

To make a challenge out of it, I used a new muzzleloader I bought this year. Bass Pro was selling CVA Mountain Stalkers in .54 caliber for $40.00 so I got one. Thursday afternoon I took a nice doe that was in a group of nine. She was 60 steps away, and the roundball dropped her in her tracks. After I had just finished tagging her, I looked up and saw five more coming towards me, so I hunkered down and took a second doe which was about 50 steps away. She made 15 yards before she piled up. Then I shot a third doe on Sunday afternoon. I had watched deer every day and decided the next would have to be a big one. Well I wish I could have weighed the one on Sunday. She came in about 45 steps away, and I let her have it with the roundball. She ran 45 yards right into a cedar/balsum thicket, and dropped.

Now I have been out almost every night with the bow. I have a large buck on my property (a wall hanger) and I am hoping to get him in to some scent and grunts and rattles. So far I have seen him twice but never got closer then 50 yards, and thats too far for me and my bow.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:30 PM
nub

Default RE: Wisconsin Hunters ready for T-zone

Beagle, are you in Marathon Co.? I' ve been bow hunting up around Elderon. You any wheres close?