Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Missouri Rut?

Old 10-08-2003, 12:55 PM

Default Missouri Rut?

Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could give me a little info. I am from southwest Oklahoma but I' m going to school in Southwest Missouri right now. I managed to find some nice enough to bow hunt his farm here. So now I' m able to scracth my bow hunting itch all season instead of just when I' m home on breaks. I have never hunted this part of the country and I was wondering if the is much of a difference between the timing of the rut in Southwest Missouri and Southwest Oklahoma? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:24 PM

Default RE: Missouri Rut?

Dont know about southern OK, but in MO the rut usually hits the peak the week before our rifle season. Typically about the 8th or 9th give or take a week. Thats when I see the most chasing activity, Im a little northeast of you but should be about the same.