Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Illinois Deer Gun Hunters >

Illinois Deer Gun Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Deer Gun Hunters

Old 04-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illinois Deer Gun Hunters

Just want to remind guys that even though hunting season still seems years away, first draw applications are due tomorrow, April 30th for shotgun deer permits. Don't want you to miss out and your area/county because you forgot. Until I know I have secured my spot on private land I'll be trying for public permits and if I get my spot in S. Illinois I'll just forfeit my public land permits and hit the second lottery for my first choice county. Good luck to all the Illinois residents, hope you all get your first choice!
Old 04-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fastetti
Just want to remind guys that even though hunting season still seems years away, first draw applications are due tomorrow, April 30th for shotgun deer permits. Don't want you to miss out and your area/county because you forgot. Until I know I have secured my spot on private land I'll be trying for public permits and if I get my spot in S. Illinois I'll just forfeit my public land permits and hit the second lottery for my first choice county. Good luck to all the Illinois residents, hope you all get your first choice!
Well we're all good in the permit process here.

What county are you looking at in S. IL? I can tell you there are some good state lands around me in Johnson county that do not require site specific permits.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sir, it always shocks me the number of residents that wait until the last minute to apply for them!

I've done ordered General tags and Muzzleloader tags for myself and both my boys..... so we're good to go. Deer season won't come soon enough!

Good luck to all of your guys this season!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uncle Matt, Got your PM, Ill shoot you over one when I have a few more minutes. I actually hunted Saline County a in 2008 for shotgun season and couldnt believe the amount of deer I saw. Granted it was a large chunk of private land but I think I saw 60 deer opening morning and 8 bucks that were 8 points or better. Time of my life. This from a guy that hunts overhunted Michigan land where if I see a 4 pt buck in a 4 day trip then Im happy. Thanks for the info on Johnson county. If I don't draw my permits for public land and don't get acccess to the land I hunted in 2008 I may look into public land in Shawnee. Since I don't live down there I may look for some advice. I live in downtown Chicago so getting a deer isn't always first priority, just getting somewhere that I don't hear trains, planes and cars all the time is what really matters. Do you hunt out of Marion? I thought I saw in one of your posts a ways back that you were in that general area. Ill shoot you over a PM tomorrow when I have a little bit of time.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres the guy I got in 2008, his mount proudly hangs on my wall now.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I already have my archery and gun tags!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Does anyone know when the first drawing is?