Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Ill license fee increased. >

Ill license fee increased.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ill license fee increased.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ill license fee increased.

Just picked up my Il hunting license for 2010/2011. Had to pay $12.50 for the license alone! Last year I paid $13.00 for the license & habitat stamp together. guess Pat Quinn is trying to squeeze everyone he can.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't stand the resident vs. non-resident price differences.

I recently was reading about the price difference for tags in MT. A resident could buy an elk tag for $16, and a deer tag for $10 I think. Are you kidding me? As a non-res I don't mind paying a premium price for a quality tag in which I'm only going to hunt maybe a couple weeks max and want to get a nice animal. It probably cost more than $10 per deer tag just to print them all, and do the draws, otc equipment etc...no reason a resident can't pay $50 for a deer, and a $100 for an elk, least for a buck/bull quality tag, not a meat doe or something...

Resident fees in most places are dirt cheap IMO.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Vizsla Vince
Just picked up my Il hunting license for 2010/2011. Had to pay $12.50 for the license alone! Last year I paid $13.00 for the license & habitat stamp together. guess Pat Quinn is trying to squeeze everyone he can.
Wait until you pay for your inceased deer and turkey tags and even your fishing license ?!?

However, when was the last time you have seen a price incease ??? It's been years since we've had a price height... we were due.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just paid $31 and some change for a hunting/fishing lic. with a habitat stamp. I think $1.50 was the convience fee. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but it was due to go up just like everyting else. I renewed my FOID card too last fall, $5 to $10 but went from 5 years to 10 years.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

I think Ill. is spot on for their license fees. Even the non res aren't to bad.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NJheadhunter71
I think Ill. is spot on for their license fees. Even the non res aren't to bad.

Really-have you checked out how much cheaper other states are?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Wait until you pay for your inceased deer and turkey tags and even your fishing license ?!?

However, when was the last time you have seen a price incease ??? It's been years since we've had a price height... we were due.
Turkey permits haven't increased yet, but I'm sure its coming.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as the money goes back into hunting activities I have no problem in the price increase. I honestly thought that the hunting licenses in Illinois were almost too cheap before. To ensure hunting in the future in Illinois, I am happy to pay the increase. A $5 increase isn't bad at all since it hasn't been raised in years.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Bartender

Wisconsin needs to change over to the reciperocal prices.
What your state charges non residents must pay when you come here imo.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

I honestly think its ridiculous because the broke state of IL. and i highly doubt the money will go back into hunting it'll go towards trying to bail ILL. out of this monster hole were in. What they should do is make ol Rod and Ryan pick up the tab for some of the extra fees since there the reason we have all these extra fees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.