Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Mountian Lions in Ohio >

Mountian Lions in Ohio

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Mountian Lions in Ohio

Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also here is a link to a confirmed MT. Lion attack that took place near Columbus OH. last Oct.!! I saw it on TV. and the Victems looked like they got tore up pretty bad!! I have no doub that they still have nightmares about the incident!!! Pike
http://www.wtap.com/sports/headlines/33316729.html
Old 07-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,I couldn't find anything in that link so I did several different searches about lion attacks near Columbus and nothing showed up.If someone was legitimately attacked in the east,it would be huge news and would certainly show up on a search.

Mountian lions do not drag their prey up trees.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doug the link was to an article about the Penn State NITTANY LIONS beating the OSU Buckeye's last Oct. in Columbus OH.

As far as the deer carcus in the tree, I have no clue how it got there?? Like I said I just shrugged it off as a large bobcat trying to protect its prize from the huge yote population that we have.
Did you see the pics of the tracks I posted on page 3? Pike
Old 07-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DougE
Jeff,I couldn't find anything in that link so I did several different searches about lion attacks near Columbus and nothing showed up.If someone was legitimately attacked in the east,it would be huge news and would certainly show up on a search.

Mountian lions do not drag their prey up trees.

Yes they will if their meal is threatened. They'll take it into a tree. Or anywhere high for that matter, such as up rocks or anywhere they can keep it away.
-Jake
Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,that wild goose chase took up about a half hour of valuable time yeterday.lolI can't see the pictures by the way.fOR SOME REASON,MY WORK COMPUTER WON'T PICK THEM UP AT TIMES.

Boca,cats bury their prey.They don't haul them up trees.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in PA and my best friend works for the game comission, the only confirmed sighting in PA was proven to be someones pet that was in an encloser that someone went in and took pictures of. There has never been one found dead, a confirmed pile of poo, track or any other sign of a wild lion in PA. With all of our hunters here someone would have shot one, hit one on the road, or gotten a trail cam pic of it by now. the evidence just isnt there for PA to say they are here or travel through the state.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Jeff,that wild goose chase took up about a half hour of valuable time yeterday.lolI can't see the pictures by the way.fOR SOME REASON,MY WORK COMPUTER WON'T PICK THEM UP AT TIMES.

Boca,cats bury their prey.They don't haul them up trees.

Doug E I've seen them do it in colorado. freak incident or not, they will have prey in trees.
-Jake
Old 07-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many mountain lion kills have you seen in trees?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:18 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

How many mountain lion kills have you seen in trees?
a good friend of mine has seen a couple in idaho in trees while elk hunting.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

sorry the snow prints don't impress me of a positive mt lion track.

Quick Reply: Mountian Lions in Ohio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.