Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Mountian Lions in Ohio >

Mountian Lions in Ohio

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Mountian Lions in Ohio

Old 06-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mountian Lions in Ohio

I was at the bow shop getting some work done to my bow and the guy working on my bow passed along some information concerning mountain lions in Ohio. He said his buddy has two mountain lions on his game camera outside of Gallipolis, Ohio (Gallia County). I was wondering if any people from Ohio have heard about this or any other sightings in Ohio?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mountian Lions in Ohio

No sightings here in scioto county and haven't heard about the sightings in Gallia.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one in the southern Detroit metro area in 2004, I'm sure they could move 60 miles south in half a decade.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's possible one could move through the area, but I don't believe there are any taking up residence here.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

it doesnt surprise me at all, my cousin hit one in West VA years ago. he was only an hour outside of ohio. also we have had a wild black bear roaming around where i live for a while now..greene/warren counties here in ohio
Old 06-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: reds10ss

it doesnt surprise me at all, my cousin hit one in West VA years ago. he was only an hour outside of ohio. also we have had a wild black bear roaming around where i live for a while now..greene/warren counties here in ohio
And what did your cousin do with it?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

he called in to report it and fish and game came out and got it
Old 06-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nah,I'm willing to bet a thousand bucks it never happened.Someone is yankin your chain.Surely he would have gotten a picture of something that significant.I'm not calling you a liar but your cousin is full of it.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

i doubt it, his truck got damaged which i saw.it happened at night, his bro-inlaw was with him. i dont see why i wouldnt belive it. even if it wasnt true do honestly think its that far fetched that west VA is one of the most remote states in the country and it certainly could hold an animal like that. there have been reports and confirmed sightings in many states including illinios,iowa,nebraska,penn,west va. and sightings popping up all over the mid-west and eastern states...the same thing is true for black bears
Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Black bears are one thing.Pa has over 15000 of them.There have not been any confirmed sighting or evidence in Pa,Ohio or West virginia.Lot's of crazy people seeing black ones,which don't exist but so far,no concrete evidence.If your cousin really did hit one,it would have beenworthy of national attention.

Quick Reply: Mountian Lions in Ohio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.