Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 the landowner fights the DNR for the large black bear >

the landowner fights the DNR for the large black bear

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

the landowner fights the DNR for the large black bear

Old 02-13-2009, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: the landowner fights the DNR for the large black bear

ORIGINAL: mr.mc54 The land owner is fighting the DNR over the Large Black Bear that was hit by the combine in Dunn county WI. Their reason is they say the Bear was still alive when hit by the combine. When the bear was dressed out it was still steaming some four hours after it was hit. The bear was shot a day and a half earlier according to the ND hunter who shot it. The land owner who bought the bear from a warden says that they had a contract with the DNR when they bought the bear for $75.00 and they didn't know the bear was shot at that time. The land owner says that the reason the DNR wants the bear is because of it's huge size. This one will go to court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, you guys are pathetic.

The DNR allowed the farmer to have the bear because at the time there was no evidence of any wrong doing.

Later, it was learned the SD hunter had attempted to purchase a bear tag during the gun deer season. Flags went up, pieces were put together. The bullet holes were discovered. The DNR then needed the bear carcass for evidence and the investigation.NO different than any police investigation, evidence is gathered, perserved, and secured.

The whole thing is kinda boring standard stuff. This rumor spreading with wild a$$ speculation is for the tabloids. JMHO.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Well, call it as you see it, I'm interested to see how it turns out. In my opinion, If the farmer had not found the bear, dead or alive. It would have probably been lost all together..[:@] That fact alone should make it the farmers bear..I'm curious? How far did the bear travel?...What size is this bear?
Old 02-13-2009, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 1sagittarius

The DNR allowed the farmer to have the bear because at the time there was no evidence of any wrong doing.

Later, it was learned the SD hunter had attempted to purchase a bear tag during the gun deer season. Flags went up, pieces were put together. The bullet holes were discovered. The DNR then needed the bear carcass for evidence and the investigation.NO different than any police investigation, evidence is gathered, perserved, and secured.

The whole thing is kinda boring standard stuff. This rumor spreading with wild a$$ speculation is for the tabloids. JMHO.
Pathetic huh. You never cease to amaze me sagittarius. What would the dnr say if the farmer decided that he didn't want the bear anymore? Would he get his money back? Knowing our dnr I probably would have to lean towards no!! Exactly what kind of investigation do the geniuses have to do when they have a confession? That seems pretty cut and dried to me, but the idiots in Madison probably would be able to screw that up too. I just can't see why on every post where somebody points out our dnr for wrongdoing you are there to defend them like a little brother denying all wrongdoing. Breach of contract is breach of contract end of story. And the dnr wonders why the logical sportsman of this state hate them!!

Oh and thoughts and prayers with you mrmc54 with your surgery today I hope everything goes well and you have a speedy revovery!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979 What would the dnr say if the farmer decided that he didn't want the bear anymore?
ok

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979 Would he get his money back?
maybe

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979 Knowing our dnr I probably would have to lean towards no!!
If you really knew the DNR you would not fertilize wild rumors.

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979 Exactly what kind of investigation do the geniuses have to do when they have a confession?
Ask the local DA what he requires for prosicution.

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979 That seems pretty cut and dried to me, but the idiots in Madison probably would be able to screw that up too.
... and the world is flat, and the universe revolves around the earth.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

So if the hunter admits guilt why don't you explain to me what evidence is needed? An admission means guilty. The dnr thinks that they can do whatever they want and ignorant "followers" like you make this possible. You are in the vast minority in your unconditional support of the dnr, and I have to ask do you work for the dnr or just trying to get in.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

So sags. if the DNR only needs the carcass for evidence, shouldn't the farmer get it back when the trial is over?

If you really want to start a heated debate, ask sags his stand on the DNR's policy for CWD
Old 02-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think that any DNR in the country will give away animals that were poached and I wouldn't expect them to!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

They didn't give the bear away.....They sold it!!! Very big difference there. The farmer paid for the animal, and if they weren't smart enough to look for bullet holes before they sold it then tough sh**!!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979

They didn't give the bear away.....They sold it!!! Very big difference there. The farmer paid for the animal, and if they weren't smart enough to look for bullet holes before they sold it then tough sh**!!
Did the DNR give the farmer his money back?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 1sagittarius

YOU BETTER CHECK YOUR INFO DUDE!

#1 The hunter was from North Dakota
#2If the hunter all ready confessed no carcass is needed![:'(][:'(][:'(]

Quick Reply: the landowner fights the DNR for the large black bear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.