Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Food plot for next year? >

Food plot for next year?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Food plot for next year?

Old 11-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Spike

Default Food plot for next year?

I am located in Northern Adams co. In northern Indiana. My girlfriends dadowns about 30 acres of farmland and 5 acres of woods. He put a large tile running through the woods about 10 years ago.Which is now overgown.Now the area which the tile runs throug is about 30 yds by 150 yards. He suggested we cut trees down and make a food plot. He was thinking of just planting grass. I want to be able to bow hunt all the way to end of muzzleloading season around the food plot. While the food isstill good into the winter. He also made a small pond in the middle of the woods when he put in the tile.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Food plot for next year?

I'd plant a food plot, they are worth it in the end. check out the Indiana hunters post in here on page 21, I posted a picture of my dads 9pt he shot while overlooking one of our food plots.