Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Hunting Nebraska >

Hunting Nebraska

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hunting Nebraska

Old 01-03-2002, 12:34 AM

Default Hunting Nebraska

Iam wondering if any of you guys have hunted there. Iam thinking about taking my son out there for the muzzleloader season. If so how is it for non res. to get permission. Or is the public area ok. Any info. is ok. Thanks
Old 01-03-2002, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Nebraska

Well i live in Nebraska. I like hunting here theres alot of big bucks if you can find em.
here the game and park website if you want to read up on anything. http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/homepage.html
The price for an nonresident tag is, 150 bucks. I don't knwo if you need to buy Nebraska habitat stamps and stuff, if you do here is the prices, 10 bucks for the habitat stamp. So 160 bucks to hunt deer. Do you know where you would like to hunt? I suggest either out west or or the southeast part. I don't know how the people are around the western part but alot of people will be happy to like you hunt they want the deer outa there. There are GOOD bucks out in the western part. I would say it would be easier to hunt the wester part cause of the canyons just set up on top and your good. My uncle has come out with a great buck everyyear out west. The southeast part the people are pretty good with letting you hunt. I suggest going around Hubble and farther east. but anywhere around southeast is good the more woods the better. the big bucks are hard to find but there there. word of warning not to scare you off or anything. There are mountain lions here, they are illegal to shoot unless you are threatened by one, so just keep an eye open. Hope this helps if you got any other Q's post them here or e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 01-03-2002, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt land near Nebraska, and the terrain is pretty close to the same. Nebraska can grow some big bucks, I've seen some big one's come out of the southern part near kansas. But I never actually hunted in Nebraska so don't know alot about it first hand, but if you come a little more south, a could help you out more. Good luck hunting.
Visit My Hunting Page

Old 01-08-2002, 08:09 AM

Thanks for the info. we'll see if things can come together for next year.