Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands >

Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

Old 08-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Spike

Default RE: Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

Hey Joe,

Just curious, what do the police make in NJ. Maybe I should think about relocating.Anyway, will you be there for second shotgun season? If your anywhere near Pittsfield I'll by you a beer.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CPDSportsman

Hey Joe,

Just curious, what do the police make in NJ. Maybe I should think about relocating.Anyway, will you be there for second shotgun season? If your anywhere near Pittsfield I'll by you a beer.
It all depends on the department, top end anywhere from $80,000 to $107,000 this includes patrol and corrections. Here in NJ correction officers (county/state)are full sworn law enforcement with full police powers. Most departments pay for full medical for the officer and family, also we have a pension: 20 years 50% of your pension withno medical, 25 years with 65% of your pension with full medical, or 30 years with 70% of your pension and full medical.

I'm in State Corrections, under HR218 we can carry allover the nation. I talked to a few Illinois State Corrections Officers, they couldn't believe our pay & the fact we are full sworn law enforcement officers with police powers, and that under the Federal Law we can carry allover the nation, New Jersey is good for a just a few good things!!!!!

We hunt in the Mt. Sterling area, I'm not sure if I will be out there for the second shotgun season, but I do thank you for your offer!!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Keep in mind though that in many parts of Illinois, you can buy anice house and 20 acres of land for less than 100K. I would assume that things are a bit more expensive in NJ?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Keep in mind though that in many parts of Illinois, you can buy anice house and 20 acres of land for less than 100K. I would assume that things are a bit more expensive in NJ?
A bit more expensive in NJ? That is very funny!!!! 20 acres alone in New Jersey will cost nearly $500,000 to well over $1 MILLION that doesn't include the house, and please don't ask about property tax. I own a 2 family, on a average size lot for my area of NJ (15 mins from NYC) and I'm paying $11,000 in property tax.

With my current income, living in the Midwest I would live like a King...13 more years till my retirement
Old 08-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Spike

Well im not too sure about hunting land that cheap in this state. Maybe in the southern party but up here in stephenson and jo daviess county you will be paying 5 thou a acre easy. my farms i hunt have been in my family for years. But i wil tell you where land is cheap believe it or not Northern Maine. I bought 87 acres for 50 thou and my brother has 100 acres i think he payed 30 thou in aroostook county. Now the Deer hunting is alot different than here in Illinois. it is alot shorter and harder. But they have Moose and many exotic ranches bear cougar, etc. Check out this site for land in aroostook county this is the guy i used for help andy mooers at mooers realty, Google Mooers realty Houlton maine and let your mouth water on the cheap outdoors.
The way life oughta be. william Daughenbaugh Freeport Illinois

Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted bears in New Brunswick, Canada, crossed the boarder at Houlton, gorgeous land
Old 08-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is some very good sounding ground in Wayne County listed on this site for under 2K an acre. I recently bought some in the same general area for $1650 an acre.I think that is is more expensive in the more northernparts of the state because the farming ground that is often mixed in with the woods is much better ground and more expensive.Also, folks are willing to shell out big bucks in west central Illinois to be in or near the Golden Triangle. Once you get south of highway 50 there is lots of (relatively) cheap ground and plenty of deer too.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

ORIGINAL: CPDSportsman

Hey Joe,

It all depends on the department, top end anywhere from $80,000 to $107,000 this includes patrol and corrections. Here in NJ correction officers (county/state)are full sworn law enforcement with full police powers. Most departments pay for full medical for the officer and family, also we have a pension: 20 years 50% of your pension withno medical, 25 years with 65% of your pension with full medical, or 30 years with 70% of your pension and full medical.

I'm in State Corrections, under HR218 we can carry allover the nation. I talked to a few Illinois State Corrections Officers, they couldn't believe our pay & the fact we are full sworn law enforcement officers with police powers, and that under the Federal Law we can carry allover the nation, New Jersey is good for a just a few good things!!!!!

We hunt in the Mt. Sterling area, I'm not sure if I will be out there for the second shotgun season, but I do thank you for your offer!!!!!
I'll be a few miles away from you the first couple of weekends in November so if your up for a beer pm me your contact info