HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/257651-returned-illinois-hanging-stands.html)

BOWHUNTERCOP 08-14-2008 08:12 AM

Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

Just got home late lastnight from being out in Illinois hanging stands on our farms. We didn't even have time to take pictures, this was all work!!!! We got all the stands up, all in prime areas, all with major trails. The local people even told us that antler growth seems so much better this year then in the last few years, I guess the rains have helped. We spotted 5 shooters, from 130" to over 160", and we never even went glassing the fields. We also placed out 3 trail cams, come early November we will see whats on there. The ticks are out of control out there!!!!

formula1 08-14-2008 09:26 AM

RE: Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

I will be back there next week to do the same. And man are you right, the last time I was there, the ticks were terrible. But doesn't that trip there just get you excited for November!!!

Lanse couche couche 08-14-2008 09:29 AM

I was there this past weekend and spend a good part of Saturday morning walking over some ground I just bought in Wayne county. Didn't have any problem with ticks, deer flies or mosquitos.

stikbow26 08-15-2008 10:40 AM

Thats sweet I will be heading down next weekend shooting some velvet footage. Walt

solocamcan 08-15-2008 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

Just got home late lastnight from being out in Illinois hanging stands on our farms. We didn't even have time to take pictures, this was all work!!!! We got all the stands up, all in prime areas, all with major trails. The local people even told us that antler growth seems so much better this year then in the last few years, I guess the rains have helped. We spotted 5 shooters, from 130" to over 160", and we never even went glassing the fields. We also placed out 3 trail cams, come early November we will see whats on there. The ticks are out of control out there!!!!
It really won't matter what's on your cam come Nov. The deer on cam maybe 2 miles down the road chasing a doe, and you may have "new" bucks where you hunt that you've never seen before due to the same reason...Rut!!! Be sure to post pics though.;)

racewayking 08-15-2008 05:38 PM

I heard the deer are looking good this year fown there as well. My buddy was there over the weekend for the turkey dinner in Brown County and said the corn is higher than he has ever seen it. I am going down in a few weeks hopefully to get prepped for November.

cjohnson664 08-15-2008 09:15 PM

hung the last 3 in adams county on sunday,:) cant wait, and yes the ticks are bad!!![:@]

petrey10 08-16-2008 09:13 AM

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2963761&mpage=1&key=&#296490 4

give me some advice on my stand placement...please

BOWHUNTERCOP 08-16-2008 01:51 PM

racewayking, my friend John and his wife was at that turkey dinner. Have you ever gone to the Brown County Deer Classic? Decent show, great prizes and mounts

racewayking 08-16-2008 09:29 PM

racewayking, my friend John and his wife was at that turkey dinner. Have you ever gone to the Brown County Deer Classic? Decent show, great prizes and mounts
My buddy Mike goes to them. He won a muzzleloader and his friend won a sweet shotgun at the turkey dinner this year. I might have to check out the Deer Classic.