Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Question??? >

Illinois Question???

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Question???

Old 07-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois Question???

I am an avid hunter from PA and can't wait for the season to start. I have an oppurtunity to hunt a couple hundred acres on the eastern borderof Henry County during the first gun season in Illinois and dont want to pass on the situation. I have never been toIllinois before, butknow they have great whitetail hunting. Can anyonegive me any info about Henry County?? I keep hearing about Fulton County and Pike County, but havent heard anything about Henry County. Just wondering why. Thanks in advance and good luck to all. I cant wait for some great hunting and a few good conversations on the board.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Question???

The reason you have not heard anything is becausemost ofthe outfitters are on the western side of the state. There is great hunting all over the State, you don't have to be on the western side. If your place has a good mix of timber and crop, you will be good to go.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks kickin buck!!!! I am looking forward to a great time. Hey, a bad day in the woods is always better than a geat day at work. Im not sure I ever had a bad day in the woods though. Just being out in the woods makes it a good day. Thanks again!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

You wont have a bad day over there it is great hunting all over!!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt Henry Co. If you have any questions PM me.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't believe I've ever read anything on Henry Co.

Almost any county in the state can produce good/great whitetails though. I just have yet to hear/read a big buck profile from henry or really heard of any news from there.

The big talk comes out mostly of the counties between the mississippi and Illinois rivers. Any of those Counties tend to be amazing.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:28 PM

ive got family in just about every county in illinois, including cook, and i can vouch for the awesomeness of the entire state (south of I-80) and man you got nothin to worry about-in fact, some of your lesser known counties are even BETTER at producing trophy bucks because of less hunting pressure and whatnot...i have hunted sangamon, menard, christian, pike, brown, fayette, macoupin, whiteside, logan, and champaign counties (all on family farms) and i have seen a P&Y buck every trip out there, so be ready for a big one sir...and hope you enjoy illinois
Old 08-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Oh, I hope your right Bubba123. Now I have to just wait and see if I get my permit. This may be the longest wait of my life. Anyone know how long it takes to find out if you get one or not??
Old 08-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Huntingtherut

Oh, I hope your right Bubba123. Now I have to just wait and see if I get my permit. This may be the longest wait of my life. Anyone know how long it takes to find out if you get one or not??
I think it's around the end of Sept.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you put in for one you got it. Left overs go on sale in the middle of Aug. Good luck here this year and I hope you bust a big one to take back to PA.