Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Central Illinois bowshop ideas >

Central Illinois bowshop ideas

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Central Illinois bowshop ideas

Old 05-16-2008, 01:05 PM

Default Central Illinois bowshop ideas

A few friend and I were talking about bowhunting in central Illinois. We have one bowshop in town and there is nothing else for probally like 40 miles. We were talking about what it would take to open and run a sucessful business. Here are some of my questions. What would the average person, working men and women, like to see in a shop besides the normal low prices friendly service.

1. Indoor shooting range.

2.Indoor 3d range.

3.Outdoor shooting range with a 3d range.

4. Various shooting platforms, IE: Simulated treestand and blinds.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Central Illinois bowshop ideas

I like an indoor range, does not have to be spectacular, but can at least shoot 30 yards. The DART system brings in a lot of people, even though I particularly am not the fondest of it. I love outdoor ranges. Try to have them open through the week too though, instead of just weekend shoots. Friendly and you got to be able to sell like a champ...my home bow shop the guy sells you everything, even though I don't need it at all.

I'll tell you what I love about my home bow shop is that when he is busy, he makes you pay the full price to shoot, but if it is a slow day and it is just me and a friend shooting he barely charges anything, sometimes if at all. It makes you feel good about him and respect him and that is why I continue to do business there. He is not ALL about the money, but the service.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think thats a great idea! all of those ideas sound great id say have a 30 yard range and sell your products cheaper than the competition.....which shouldnt be hard because the one in springfield is way over priced
Old 05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

how many bowshops can a central IL town support? I'm thinking small towns here.....realy I'd check out population stats.....

I'm outside of chicago and our bowshops aside from the major retailers really aren't around.....so if there arent' af ew here, not sure how less populated areas could sustain mulitiple shops, less you put the other guy out of business, course there may be more hunters in your area, than up there, though with 8million people, there's certainly a few hunters up this way.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:18 AM

In the area that im at, springfield, there is only one that I can think of. Besides the D*icks sporting goods.