Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 late deer season in IL >

late deer season in IL

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

late deer season in IL

Old 01-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: late deer season in IL

Fri. morning my partner missed a coyote out of a ground blind at 60 yards and we saw 0 deer.Fri. afternoon, we saw4 deerbut too far away to shoot. This morning, I saw 4 on stand but they were behind too much cover. Also kicked up 2 during a drive but ran the wrong way, or the right way for them! This afternoon, I hunted from my father in-laws stand for the 1st time. I climbed up and before I sat down, I had 6 does feeding 90 yards away. Only 1 was clear to shoot but I was too unsteady to shoot so I passed it up. I think he needs to trim more branches. I saw 3 more deer walking out after hours. My father in-law saw a total of 14 deer but was hunting thick. Well teh deer are out there adn there is always tomorrow. Good luck all.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

i went out friday after noon. walked to the back side of the field to get in my stand. saw three does.20 yards in front of me standing. ishot one. went backto getthe truck gutted the deer put it in the truck and was back at home in less than a hour..lol cant beat it. itwas my last tag of the year not a bad way to end the season.
good luck to all you crazy hunter that will be out there tomorrow.
just know i will be nice a cozy next to the fire .
Jeff S
Old 01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted the last days of Archery season. It seemed that they where coming to the fields right at last light. The late season movements have been weird this year. Our deer areusually out in the fields a lot more than they were this year.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Saw a ton of deer this weekend. Upwards of 30 sightings but mainly while driving for them with no shots. I shot a doe at last light Sunday night at 69 lasered yards from a tree stand. I got to the sight where I shot it and found some meat and bone with white hair. We tracked it for a short time finding nothing but meat and bone. We then heard it take off chrashing through the trees. We went about 100 yards and found where it started bleeding and heard it chrashing again so we backed out. The only reason we did not let it sit longer the first time was due to available light and the fact it was going to snow Monday adn none of us could go out and look at first light before teh snow. Between three of us, we looked about three hours on Monday but no luck. I am thinking due to the sign that perhaps I pulled teh shot right (it was broadside) and shot it too far forward in teh chest. What do you think? I was using my ML with 300 grain T/C SW and 2 Pyrodex Pellets.