Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 late deer season in IL >

late deer season in IL

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

late deer season in IL

Old 01-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default late deer season in IL

Anyone hunting the late deer season in IL next weekend? I will be out and was wondering if anyone knows if the deer pattern differently.

Thanks

Vince
Old 01-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: late deer season in IL

My dad swears that they are mostly moving at night. But then again, I saw quite a few from mid to late afternoon while out setting traps and rabbit hunting over christmas.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

I will be out with 2 permits and looking to fill them both. The steel mill where i work is surrounded by Mississippi River Bottoms that our owned by my employer and is lousy with deer. It is all strictly off limits, so the deer are completely unpressured. We see them moving at all hours, both day and night. I personally will be keying in on food sources (mostly corn stubble) when i take to the field in White County for the late season antlerless hunt. In my experience they still move a lot during daylight hours this time of year.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

Well i think i am going to stick to my regular tree stand. I usually pass up about 10-15 deer a day until i find the one. Should be a quick season if a good sized doe comes out.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:29 AM

the only thing i have found on a full moon the deer seem to move more from 10 am to 2 PM. the rest of the time7am to 9 am and 4 pm to dark. but i do see a few deer all day long on the days i sit out all day. good luck going out this week end here in Iowa for our late season antlerless Jan hunt too. good luck
Old 01-14-2008, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

I will be out as well. I have one firearm permit to fill and two ML permits. I will consider myself lucky to fill one. The farm I am hunting with my firearm tag has not been hunted since the 2nd season so hopefully I can find one there. I will be sitting in my satnd overlooking a cut corn field. I only saw one deer last year during the late season but is was 200 plus yards away.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

they are def/ back on feeding paterns!! i have them down to almost a T. every night (4:30)i head out to the farm to getmy coondogs and see a set of ten does in the corn field 50 yardsfrom the dogs feeding. it will be an easy last tag to fill.....i hope..lol thereis a needy family down the road who willbe getting this doe. please try and help out a needy family as well if possible. they sure will appreciate it!!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, will be out friday afternoon. Hope not to freeze to death saturday!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

How will you IL guys be hunting the mornings this late season?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

The way the temps are supposed to be sat I do believe I will be slowly walking in to the wind no stand hunting for me and probably a few deer drives in the afternoon

Quick Reply: late deer season in IL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.