Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Albino pheasants >

Albino pheasants

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Albino pheasants

Old 12-28-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Albino pheasants

I was wondering if any one has ever seen a wild albino pheasant while hunting? I heard about them but have never saw one myself.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Albino pheasants

Never seen one while hunting but a guy down the road raises birds and has had white pheasants. Im not sure if they are albino or just white birds
Old 12-29-2007, 12:51 PM

not sure is there even such thing as albino
Old 12-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I raise pheasants, and I know there are albino pheasants. I raise a lot of different colored pheasants, I have snow pheasants that are pure white, but not albino.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:52 PM

nick how did hunting turn out for you this year I grew up in EMMET county we have some prime hunting areas up there.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:42 AM

Several years ago my buddy and I were hunting and he killed one that was about 75% white. It had some rust colored feathers on it's back. Other than that it was all white with pink eyes. Only reason we knew it was a rooster was it cackled when it got up. Otherwise, I don't think either one of us would have shot at it. This bird was shot in Iroquois county in east central IL.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 PM

I have seen many over the years but none that were all white unless they were pen reaised. If you see one it is normally a partial albino. I also have never seen one that was harvested with pink eyes but I have only seen a half dozen or so that were harvested. Three years ago while archery hunting I seen the same bird several times through out the season. This bird was solid white wite the regular rooster coloring on his breast. He had a nice long tail as well that was whiter than snow. I thought about shooting him with my bow several times but was afraid I would ruin him and wouldn't be able to mount him anyway. I have shot partial albino ducks before. Last season one of our hunters shot a morphodite pheasant. At least that is what I think it was. It was solid hen right down to the tail but had a white ring around its neck and the red patches on around its eyes.