Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 future of Illinois hunting >

future of Illinois hunting

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

future of Illinois hunting

Old 01-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: future of Illinois hunting

I have a hundred acres that I was the only one hunting.Several neighbors asked for permission to hunt it,but their families have much more land than me and they did not need my land for a place to hunt.I was in doubt about leasing the land to some other hunters who needed a place and I could make a little money on the side.I found a hunt club that had several soldiers as members so
I entered into a lease with two Army Rangers.I didn't charge them as much as I could have and we have the understanding that if they are deployed again to the Middle East I will refund their money.They can afford the tags since Illinois charges resident fees for active military.This was one of the best moves I have ever made.These guys have become more like hunting partners,than lessees and they even brought in my deer for me and dressed it out.The little extra money comes in handy maintaining the property and these guys love it here.If anyone else is interested in leasing to soldiers I think there may be a few more looking for a place to hunt in Ill and I will probably have another one here next year.

Bill

Bill
Old 01-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: future of Illinois hunting

Sorry out of state hunters, but I think the outfitting business is making things worse in Illinois. I've lost 2 hunting spots because of out of state hunters buying leases. Needless to say I'm bitter. I hope Illinois gets as strict as Iowa with the out of state tags.