Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Stage of Midwest rut..... >

Stage of Midwest rut.....

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Stage of Midwest rut.....

Old 10-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stage of Midwest rut.....

Been seeing alot of younger bucks 'cruisin' lately. They're not in bachelor groups any more, that's for sure. But that stops soon after velvet comes off, doesn't it?

Either way, I've seen does running everywhere, but I've only seen younger bucks searching or chasing, altho I haven't seen alot chasing.

I'm thinking the next 2 weeks are gonna be the days to be out all day.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:18 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Northwest SD the deer are still in bachelor groups. I saw three bucks together saturday evening, 2 sunday morning and on sunday evening I saw 4 different groups of bucks from 2 to 4.

Mix of mature deer and young deer. Sunday night there were 4 mature deer bedded together under a Russian Olive tree. Several does walking by and milling around in the area and they didn't even look at them. Still a ways away up here.

On another note, my cousin shot a nice deer in Southeast NE on Saturday am. Deer was checking scrapes and passed about 80 yards from his stand and he grunted at it once, deer turned and came right to him. Other reports from buddies down there, necks aren't swollen and the bucks aren't moving much right now.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last weekend I saw bucks both chasing and seeking (2 1/2 yr olds) - SE SD... Still haven't seen much of the big boys yet though. I expect them to start making some appearances any day now...
Old 10-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The doe will stand by the 7th of Nov! Take it to the bank!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowflex

According to Deer and Deer Hunting TV, the Midwest rut started (seeking phase) on October 26th. The peak should be between the 1st and the 10th.

Let's hope for some cool weather next weekend.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Well I am sorry to bear the bad news....they lied!!! I hunted ALL week in Central Illinoisand seen nothing to indicate bucks are chasing does, I even witnessed both bucks and does eating in the same fields at dusk. I say Nov. 3-5th the chase will begin, just as last year.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope so! My two brothers have been hunting all week back in NE Iowa....nothing going yet (as of thurs). Does are still in their usual patterns and bucks are just semi-interested. Saw my first bucks cruising this morning though (by Madison) on my drive for work.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im with u Joe. But its CLOSE!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Spike

I saw 13 deer yesterday a.m. and out of those thirteen...9 were bucks. 2 shooters in the 130-140 range. Both shooters were bumpin' does who wanted nothin' to do w/ them. Watched two 2 1/2 year olds both hit the same 2 scrapes 10 min apart between 8:15 and 8:30. West central Il near pike is on w/ the seeking phase. Chasing is just a day or two away from what I see!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Spike

I won't be able to get up to Pike County until the 9th of November. Do you think that the rut will still be in or be in a more post rut pattern. This is my first year up in Illinois.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bucks are chasing each other in central wis. Started today!

Quick Reply: Stage of Midwest rut.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.