Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 INDIANA hunters >

INDIANA hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

INDIANA hunters

Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: INDIANA hunters

ORIGINAL: Monie
Any of you hunt Muscatatuck? I've been drawn for the 3rd and was hoping to get some suggestions on areas to look at. Thanks.
Parrot Head hunts Muscatatuck.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, hunted there the last 14 days of the season last year 140 hours and saw over 100 deer. I dont know what it is like now. Last I heard 153 dead ones were found.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully these evil storms move on by tomorrow afternoon. I'd like to go out and hunt a new stand...
Old 10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went this morning and this evening and saw the same set of does both times. 3 of em. Drew back on the biggest one tonight but never did have a good shot. Needs to cool down and hopefully next weekend the bucks start moving a little more.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's been slow early for us, but around 430pm the deer movement REALLY picks up. The last 2 afternoons have been great...TONS of deer. Only problem is, the bigger deer don't come close enough. Fawns and yearlings pretty much hang around wherever I go, which is cool to watch.

On a side note, I was stretching in my stand, and took a deep breath...when I sucked in a bug. I can still feel it in my chest. I've coughed so hard and so much, I'm about the vomit. Not fun, but I'll deal with it. lol
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 PM

It shoots really nice for such an inexpensive gun. I have it sighted in at 100yds. I kept my groups within the size of a fist at 150yds. So I have to say I am happy with it.

ORIGINAL: honcho12

How does that .500 shoot? If I get into the rifle hunting this would be my choice. What kind of range and groups you getting. I have a Handi in a .17HMR and it is a tack driver. I aslo have a H&R Ultra Slugger in 20 gaugeI use for gun hunting and it will shoot 1 hole groups at 50 yards with Lightfields .
ORIGINAL: Rhino259

ORIGINAL: ckiel24

Any one taking advantage of using a rifle this year? I am currently trying to decide if I should get a rifle or not. If you are going to be using one, what will you be using?
Yeah I'm goning to take advantage of it. I have a H&R Handi-Rifle in .500 S&W. I'll be using that and my inline this year.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

The past couple of times I've been out, I haven't seen anything. I'm sure the deer are on a different schedule/pattern now.

This heat truly is not helping matters. [:'(]
Old 10-22-2007, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Sat. a.m I saw 5 bucks. 3 were together. Sat. pm. I had 14 at one time in the alfalfa. I got 9 in the picture. I then snuck over to look at another field it had 2 does and probably the biggest buck I have ever seen while hunting. Tired to take a picture but he was 150 yards away. Sunday a.m. 3 does. Sunday evening 17. I got 12 in one picture. I am seeing bucks still together and not really interested in does yet. Hopefully it will pick up soon.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was at splinter ridge saturday morning and saw 2 doe's and a small 6pt. Had the 6pt at 16yds. He was watching one of the doe's. He was a young guy, probably 1½ year old. He was certainly a good looking deer and will probably have some good potential. Very uniform, looked to be in great shape.

I had a chance on a good doe at 25yds but I thought she was going to keep feeding closer to me so I waited. She turned and started feeding away from me and never offered another shot. That's how it goes sometimes.

The 6pt wondered off to about 80yds from me and bedded down and watched a doe as she was feeding, once she wondered out of sight, he got up and walked off in the other direction.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

How many guys were signed in at Splinters. I use to hunt that place all the time. I still do sometimes just for a different look. I know a couple of guys that found several dead ones in there before the season.

Quick Reply: INDIANA hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.