Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Deer Hunting Counties >

Indiana Deer Hunting Counties

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Deer Hunting Counties

Old 04-17-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Indiana Deer Hunting Counties

For all you Indiana boys...I am looking to get onto some new property this coming fall...Either just get permission or possibly lease if thats what it comes down to...Where all do you hunt? And in your opinions what are some of the best deer counties in Indiana? Thanks guys..Happy Hunting
Old 04-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Deer Hunting Counties

I hunt up in the north east corner. I ve got a couple different places mostly family and friends property. As far as numbers go Steuben is the the highest. problem isgetting hunting ground around this area can be hard especially if you dont have any connections
Old 04-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt Jefferson/Switzerland Co. On the weekends. Jackson Jennings during the week. Last Oct. I saw 181 deer in Jefferson/Switzerland Co. hunting weekends only.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:49 AM

I hunt in Brown, Johnson, Morgan, and Sullivan counties. They all have pretty good populations of deer and some of the places hold some big deer as well. I hunt public land mostly, except for the land in Sullivan county. The difficult part is going to be getting permission without having to pay a bunch of money. Good luck with your adventures.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

You'll have far better luck with access in the Southern Tier counties, and we have more public land than any other region of the state if you can't secure some ground some other way. Try the Hoosier Natl. Forest in Crawford Co., it's huge and doesn't get as much pressure as many of the other public tracts do. Bring your GPS, you'll need it. Some of the bucks in there are scary big, but you have to go in deep to find them. Scout with aerial or satellite photos first. If you bring your boat try Lake Celina, you can use the boat to get across the lake where very few hunt, and don't forget your deer cart.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 AM

i hunt on the border of stuben and lagrange. i think we have the best around but good luck getting on property for free
Old 04-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Kevin,

The birds still hammerin it down there. I went down there the 7th and on the property I hunt I heard 15. Probably another 10 off the property. I saw 43 in strut between Madison and N. Vernon. Going to put my blinds up this weekend.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

If you can get permission.. Marion & Hamilton County!!!