Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kansas

Old 04-11-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Kansas

Need some input please.

Kansas ( Topeka and shawnee area)

What is the weather like ? winter, spring , summer , fall ? deer hunting ? any other game ? game birds ? Ducks and such ? work easy to find ?

Thinking of moving and would like some native input.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Spike

Default RE: Kansas

Topeka? Nice town. Not to big, not to small. Big enough city to have most any kind of work. Good hunting and fishing in the vicinity. All around good place to be, as far as I'm concerned.

Winter weather, mostly coldish, I'd say 30's most of the winter. Springs and Falls are real nice. August is high 80's and 90's even. Deer hunting is good. Bird hunting is ok, the better bird hunting is a few hours west of Topeka. Easy drive out there from Topeka though, don't let that stop you. The last few years have had truly outstanding Turkey hunting, not sure why those Turkeys have been so prolific lately but the good years of that are right now. Quail aren't doing so good. Waterfowl, ducks, geese, sure is hunting for that also, but I'm no expert on that so will leave it for someone else to answer.

Overall it's a real nice place to live. Take a long weekend and come down and check it out. Turkey season is open right now!

Good luck!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:55 AM

thank you for your info!! we are really pushing for Kansas... We have been going nuts trying to get as much info. as possible.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Java...what on earth did you do to that poor dog in your pic? I believe that qualifies as animal cruelty!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Granitesun had some good information. I can't say i'm a fan of the city of Topeka, but it is in a good location.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: USFWC

Java...what on earth did you do to that poor dog in your pic? I believe that qualifies as animal cruelty!
LOL!! gotta love my little one.. She is my "needy" pup.. little wirey jumping bean if she has the freedom of the floor.. Pick her up and she freezes solid.. can do anything you want to her.

As far as Kansas... Only thing that makes me nervous is the tornados