Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 THE LAZY PEOPLE    ( OUTFITTERS ) >

THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

Old 03-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

I am a land owner and I hunt my own property and I work hard in keeping food plots and hanging stands and such. But I also have and will continue to hunt with outfitters. There is nothing better then a group of guys going hunting for game that may not be available otherwise and having a good time. To say that we are there just to kill and shoot a monster buck couldn't be farther from the truth. I understand the frustration that hunters get with not finding land. But are they not able to find land because they are lazy? It may take more then one knock on a door to get permission. I have never been ask by anyone to hunt on my property. They usaully take it apon themselfs and trespass. To me thats lazy and disrespectful.Outfitters have the right to earn a living just as much as anyone. To tell you the truth they provide that I wish I could. I think it would be a real nice profession to have.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I remain confused about the whole issue of defining an outfitter. As i have said earlier, i think that much of the big game hunting in the west is done thru outfitters. Even in the south, if someone goes to a professional duck camp to go hunting, that seems to be an outfitter service. I think that the real issue is that outfitting is very new in the Midwest, an area where there was traditionally relatively easy access to hunting land. Many people just aren't used to the idea.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TROPHYHUNTER25

It’s funny to see all of you complaining about outfitters. All they are doing is providing a service. You say its wrong since they don’t pay taxes on the land. But guess what dumb @#%$’s they have to pay income taxes on all of there profits. Do you get mad at the farmers who lease fields to plant their crops? They don’t pay taxes on the land. I think most of you are just jealous. You say you can’t buy land around where you live because you don’t make enough. Well then get a better job or move, but you still won’t make jack, because most of you can’t even spell correctly. But you also suggest that the farmer should sell hunts to cut out the outfitter. Well most of you probably don’t even know a farmer and if you do, you would know they don’t have much time to do anything than lease land. All the farmers I know barely have time to even hunt let alone hang stands for others. Outfitters manage the land; most farmers just don’t have the time. Every body needs to quit complaining about out of state hunters. They have to pay outrageous tag prices witch go directly in to your DNR fund not their state. And for most of you learn to spell you just make your self look ignorant. Oh and for those of you that don’t know what ignorant means; lacking of knowledge, unlearned
For you who think you can spell correctly, it's " Which " not " Witch ", unless you are talking about someone who flies around on a broom! Please refer to your definition of ignorant.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I remain confused about the whole issue of defining an outfitter. As i have said earlier, i think that much of the big game hunting in the west is done thru outfitters. Even in the south, if someone goes to a professional duck camp to go hunting, that seems to be an outfitter service. I think that the real issue is that outfitting is very new in the Midwest, an area where there was traditionally relatively easy access to hunting land. Many people just aren't used to the idea.
isnt a large majority of land in the West public land and unavailable for outfitters to lease, blocking other hunters out? if we had an enormous amount of public land to satisfy all hunters i dont think outfitting would be a problem.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:02 PM

btw, exchanging insults withmembers oneach side of the issue isnt going to help.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Spike

I am from louisiana,I have 500 acres in Mississippi that I hunt.This past hunting season we had a 15 year old kill a buck that scored 162.That being said, I am still going on a hunt in Illinois this year with an outfitter. It is a chance for me and a good friend that I have hunted with my whole lifeto go on a vacation and hunt somewhere thatwe have never been before. It may cost us some money, but it is money thatwe have been saving, Therefore we should be able to spend it howwe want. I hope to see and kill a nice buck and a doe, but if I don`t it will be a trip with my best friend and hunting buddy that I will remember for the rest of my life.If it were not for an outfitter I would not have the time to go scout public land and hunt, and besides I do that all year in Mississippi. So they are doing a goodservice for some of us.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

T-roy,

So, is an outfitter just someone who leases land and sells hunts, or does it refer to a general guiding service. I know that a lot of the duck hunting camps in Louisiana are based on leased land. Elsewhere, however, can an outfitter be someone who sells hunts on the land that they own? I don't know. I'm just curious about what exactly what people actually mean when they refer to outfitters?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Around here the big problem I see that threatens hunting is the unchecked housing development on traditional farmland.

If hunting lease income keeps a few more farmers in business than I am willing to live with posted signs.

Fortunately, I live close to all the public land I could ever want - and I have had good success on that land - so maybe I am spoiled/biased.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

T-roy,

So, is an outfitter just someone who leases land and sells hunts, or does it refer to a general guiding service. I know that a lot of the duck hunting camps in Louisiana are based on leased land. Elsewhere, however, can an outfitter be someone who sells hunts on the land that they own? I don't know. I'm just curious about what exactly what people actually mean when they refer to outfitters?
i would imagineanyone who sells hunts in illinoiswouldbe regarded as an outfitter (isnt there a license necessary)as far as the state is concerned, tax purposes.

i believe local hunters are upset with the "outfitters" who lease lands therefore blocking everyone elseout.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Bartender

I have never hunted with a outfitter so I have a few questions. Do they have all the stands up when you arrive and scouting done for you? I see there are guided and unguided hunts what does this entail?It seems just from TV that most accomodations are pretty dang good? It sounds like to me its the hunters who dont want to do all the work and use outfitters?
With that being said its your money do what you want.

Quick Reply: THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.