Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Walmart

Old 03-06-2007, 12:12 PM

Default RE: Walmart

Like said above they are adjusting there store to the area. All the stores close to me pulled them out. They built a new super center in a town about half and hour south of me and they put in a real nice selection of guns! Put my stores oldselection to shame. And it is a brand new store.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 PM

I'd say Walmart is not pro or anti-gun. They are pro-profit. If selling firearms isn't a profitable venture, then they will stop.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:59 PM

In Indiana certain stores are no longer selling guns but they aren't abandoning it all together. I did management internship with them this summer and the store I was in was getting rid of them. I was told it was because of all the paperwork and red tape they had to go through in order to sell them.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: spartanhunter19

In Indiana certain stores are no longer selling guns but they aren't abandoning it all together. I did management internship with them this summer and the store I was in was getting rid of them. I was told it was because of all the paperwork and red tape they had to go through in order to sell them.

Well it would be nice if we would get the same story, I've been to 4 different Walmarts in the last 3 months. The first place I go after the wife and I part ways at the door is the sporting goods.When you can "find" a employee in sporting goods I hear 1. The paper work just isn't worth it, 2. It's a marketing thing, they just aren't selling enough, 3. I just a dumb look from the person behind the counter, or 4. Nobody around to answer my question on gun sales. So guy's if it's the marketing thing keep buying the toilet paper and beer or we'll be in heap of trouble......
Old 03-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Walmart sucks! I'd rather spend the extra dollar and shop elsewhere! [:'(] Shop somewhere that supports us as Sportsman!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Walmart sucks! I'd rather spend the extra dollar and shop elsewhere! [:'(] Shop somewhere that supports us as Sportsman!

I think we have a winner!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

if the paperwork is too much for them then why are they in buisiness ?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

pulling out of some stores in Wi as well.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

One week away from pulling guns from Bethany Mo. store. Wal-Mart was a bad place to buy guns anyway. The prices were great but the guns weren't. After having to return two of three guns purchased there,I swore to only buy guns from reputable dealers who always receive first quality weapons from their suppliers and don't get factory seconds like Wal-Mart. This was years ago about the time they stopped selling handguns. I'm more than happy now to pay the extra $$ to not have to return junk guns. Despite their NO REFUNDSpolicy on guns, I got a refund.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Not only does our wal-mart still sell guns, but they have just increased the size of their sporting goods side of the house.

If you are that fired up about your states gun laws...go to the booth and vote...if you need more people on your side, stand up for sportspeople and get people on your side by showing them we are ethical and safe. If that doesn't work....don't move to my state is all I ask! We already have enough people moving in!!!

Wal-Mart here supports our sportspeople and they are active in helping us conserve the land around us for not only hunting, but fishing as well. They even helped get a small "mom and pop" shop that is a range/handgun safety training school across the street through the red tape it took to build and open the joint.

The consumer directs the marketing, and it just sounds like you have some more non-sportspeople than you have sportspeople.

I love them because I can get all my ammo for cheaper, the clay pigeons are an out right steal, their tree stands are 25% less money out of my pocket and their gun cleaning supplies are UNGODLY cheaper than the 2 sportsmans wearhouses, blacksheep and the future Cabelas that is being built as we speak.

They suck for fishing gear, but that's alright cause I don't mind supporting some of the other sporting good stores in the area as well.

Quick Reply: Walmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.