HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Walmart (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/183118-walmart.html)

mbickham 03-04-2007 05:42 AM

Walmart

Is walmart pulling a Zumbo on us??? I was told that they no longer carry guns in their Ohio stores. I thought walmart was pro gun?????

HunterOpel 03-04-2007 06:51 AM

RE: Walmart

They are going to pull guns out of certain ILL. stores also, they say our gun laws are to hard to deal with!!![:@][:@]

lhok_ 03-04-2007 07:10 AM

They have been pulling guns out of their stores here in Michigan for the past year.

4patches 03-04-2007 07:18 AM

yep, i learened this 2 years ago that walmart was pulling there sporting goods line. the sales were slumping so thats that. gives me no futher reason to go to walmart. hate to tell people i used to buy all from them lisence, guns, ammo, clothes, tackel for fishing ( yea, they drop the guns they lost my fishing dollar too ) times this by the 250,000 plus hunters and fishermen and women ( yes, my wife and kids wont go there either ) in the state of Ohio. lets not mistake this for anything less than a downward spiral for the company. sell your walmart stock boys. [:'(]

peakrut 03-04-2007 07:43 AM

Pulled them out of Antioch, IL and were in the process last Nov of pulling out of Antigo, Wi.

Beehunter 03-04-2007 12:16 PM

In the process of pullin em in Linton, IN WALMART.

spudrow 03-04-2007 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: 4patches

yep, i learened this 2 years ago that walmart was pulling there sporting goods line. the sales were slumping so thats that. gives me no futher reason to go to walmart. hate to tell people i used to buy all from them lisence, guns, ammo, clothes, tackel for fishing ( yea, they drop the guns they lost my fishing dollar too ) times this by the 250,000 plus hunters and fishermen and women ( yes, my wife and kids wont go there either ) in the state of Ohio. lets not mistake this for anything less than a downward spiral for the company. sell your walmart stock boys. [:'(]
Let me get this straight. It's ok for you to shop Walmart for savings you incur on hunting and fishing itemsbut not for any one else who may have different wants and desires,Ummmmm. Interesting!

granitesun 03-04-2007 07:03 PM

Here is KS they still sell guns and sporting goods at the stores where those items sell real well. In the stores in the cities they dropped guns and most of the hunting/fishing/camping type stuff. They are just trying to tailor their stores to what sells in those neighborhoods.

Indeed one of the stores in a rural area I hunt in carried a pretty complete selection of low end archery equipment last year, a bow, arrows, broadheads, the stuff was low end but if you are on a budget getting a $3 broadhead is better than no broadhead...

HunterOpel 03-04-2007 07:43 PM

Ours only got rid of the guns, but the have a ton of archery and fishing stuff !!! Just did away with the guns..Lot of place just dont want the hassle of dealing with ILL. gun laws..[:@]

salukidawg 03-04-2007 10:02 PM

Has nothing to do with Illinois gun laws. Theydont want the hassle and possiblity of lawsuits. To me big deal I dont buy guns from Walmart and really dont buy anything from them.