Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Hey Michigan... >

Hey Michigan...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hey Michigan...

Old 02-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hey Michigan...

Well as some of you are aware. I will be moving to Ludington in May. The question That I have is this.. What would be more benificial to me: A four wheeler, or a Boat? I love to duck hunt. And I would like to be able to run up the surrounding rivers. As well as fish.And I also love to play around on quads. So I ask the all Mighty Michigan Folk.. What should I get???
Old 02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hey Michigan...

Unless you have land to run a four wheeler or there are legal ORV trails nearby I would go with the boat because the DNR will nail you for riding on public land. I'm not too familiar with the Ludington area so I'm not sure if there are trails or not. But they are a lot of fun if you have somewhere to legally ride them.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:16 PM

You can only use a boat a few months out of the year, the wheeler can be used all year long.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

I agree 4 wheeler...... I am sure once you move here you will meet some people that you can duck hunt with or go fishing. Ludington is a fishing town but, it is Great Lake fishing and you need a proper set up for salmon and trout fishing.

Of course you could do both and go way in debt and become an even bigger American....... LOL
Old 02-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha ha.. That is funny. I am looking at houses to buy as we speak. I have my eye on a place with 16 acres. So, maybe a 4-wheeler would be more benificial. I guess we will have to wait and see. Thanks again
Old 03-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mulie, Let me know after you get here i would be willing to take you down the river in my drift boat and show you some great fishing and duck spots.. Walt
Old 03-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Walt... that would be great! I am actually dropping my drift boay off in Idaho when I drive through. My cousin would like to use it. And I really don't want to tow it all the way to Michigan. That really makes my day to her that Walt. I would love the opportunity to hook up with you and learn about the area. Well, look forward to meeting all of you. And can't wait to get there. I fly there at the end of the month to look at homes. So, it is upon us. Thanks for all your help and hospitality!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem I love the river almost as much as hunting!! Almost. Walt