Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Banned shotguns in Cook Co. >

Banned shotguns in Cook Co.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Banned shotguns in Cook Co.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Banned shotguns in Cook Co.

ORIGINAL: SuperRedHawk

ORIGINAL: fastetti

Plus, if someone breaks into my house, Im not going try to fend them off with a kitchen knife when all these thugs already have pistols.

To me, there lies the biggest problem! If you kill an intruder, who can blame you right? Wrong, they will be more than happy to charge you with illegal usage/posession of a firearm.
It happened in Winnetka a few years ago. A man broke into a house and took everything. A few months later, he returned and the homeowner was home.The homeownershot him and he was charged!
Now, because of the way this new lawcan be interpreted,we will have the same thing happening with most shotguns and rifles.
The Florida law, which served as a model for the others, gives people the right to use deadly force against intruders entering their homes. They no longer need to prove that they feared for their safety, only that the person they killed had intruded unlawfully and forcefully. The law also extends this principle to vehicles.
In addition, the law does away with an earlier requirement that a person attacked in a public place must retreat if possible. Now, that same person, in the law?s words, ?has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force.? The law also forbids the arrest, detention or prosecution of the people covered by the law, and it prohibits civil suits against them.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Banned shotguns in Cook Co.

It's the same way here Reb. You have the right to kill the intruder. What I'm saying is if you shoot someone with a gun that has been banned or can be considered banned by some vague law, you then can be charged with possession ofthis gun.
He was'nt charged with murder, but he was charged for the gun.