Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Grand Forks?

Old 01-26-2007, 09:23 AM

Default RE: Grand Forks?

ORIGINAL: Plains Scout

Do not listen to all the negative talk.
Sorry if I was negative, but I got the impression that Hia was going to drive down there just to go to Cabelas. If that isthe case, its not worth it. I drove from home to SK last fall and if I remember correctly, it was about 5 hours from Brandon to GF. Like I said earlier, the Cabelas in GF is small. Now if you were going to one in Rogers, MN or Owatonna, MN and it was a 5 hour drive, it would be worth it.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets face it GF is a boring town.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

The Rogers and Owatonna Cabelas stores are great. You could spend a hole day looking around and drooling over the mounts !
Old 01-28-2007, 02:34 AM

Well I went and am back.Tis a 4 hour drive, actually i made it 3.5 there lol. Got my vehicle tossed at the border thats always a fun time. I don't know why they even ask me questions. I tell them i don't have any booze weapons etc yet they pull me aside anyways while the guy in front of me and behind me gets let go. Guess us school teachers look like terrorists lol. Annnyways as for the cableas it was pretty good it had everything i was interested in, ya it's prolly not the biggest but a heck of alot bigger than any store i have been to in Canada. I lurked the store for probably 7 hours in total, was gettin weird looks from the staff after awhile. lol. As for the town well i didn't live it up too much at all, was alone so played it safe. Stayed in a motel and watched the huntin channel since i don't get it up here. People seemed unbelivably friendly down there, opening doors for you, making conversation etc was different but good. Only complaint is don't drink the water there. I drank a bit from my motel and spit it back up in the sink. Then i was at this classy type of mexican place eating supper and i ordered a water, got the same slough water again.[:'(] Maybe next time i go i could hit up fargo, or possibly fishin with tee. Had to be back for a meeting Sunday and my funds are now a bit stretched
Old 01-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Our water varies very much between the different cities. 10 miles can make all the difference in the world. I do have to agree that minnesotans are very nice[8D]. Did you enjoy The Outdoor Channel?