Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL Sportsmen/women beware >

IL Sportsmen/women beware

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL Sportsmen/women beware

Old 12-20-2006, 08:32 AM

Default RE: IL Sportsmen/women beware

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

No one outside of Chicago wanted him back!
i hate chicago, huge, cancerous, corrupt, pile of shi ite, perfect place for Rod.

anyone know of any sportsmen groups who are trying to fight him on these issues? i'd like to lend my support.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:15 AM

Illinois needs to be two states. Chicagoland, and then the Illinois. I feel for you guys across the border, constantly being crushed by Chicago...
Old 12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

I'm no fan of Chicago Politics, but it's not just 'Chicago' that voted Blago back in.

Rod already cut the DNR by about 30%. This state now has the biggest deficit of any state in the nation.

He already tried to get rid of CPOs and give thier powers to the State Troopers. (a really bad idea on many levels)

This latest rumor doesn't surprise me at all. [:@]

Old 12-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Spike

uncle matt - He raided those funds in a LEGAL way. The federal government has no control over what the state does with state owned buildings. By transferring the ownership and then charging them rent, they have no choice but to pay it. With their budget already cut and people across the state laid off....where else are they going to come up with the money? Like I said, they can use it for day to day operations (like rent). Whether a given dollar comes from the DNR base budget or P-R Funds doesn't matter. It wouldn't have done him any good to raid the DNR for more of the state's own funds because he could just cut the budget further. This allows him to raid another pot. Either way, every dollar they have to spend renting their own buildings is one less dollar available for wildlife management. Rod wanted more money out of them and he got in a sneaky underhanded way. Legal - but if people had known what he was doing and knew the costs I'm sure it would have been a bigger issue.

Anyway - its done and will likely never be undone. Even future governors will probably not give the buildings back. The thing people need to be worried about now is the gov transferring the DNR to a completely different department. This would be a very public issue and that would likely be the thing that keeps him from doing it.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If indeed these are the facts, maybe it needs some press time like in Midwest Outdoors, or any other magazines, outdoors section of the newspaper etc. to get the word out in a large scale.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

No one outside of Chicago wanted him back!
Exactly! Chicago really screws up what could be a pretty decent state. I spent 10 years in that rat infested crap hole. I am still in N. Illinois but out west far enough to shake off the smell.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

That sounds like roddy to a tee........ Maybe the feds will get to him before it happens!
They did a speedy job on the last IL. gov they went after.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as the rest of the stuff,i dont know.But why shouldnt a farmer be able to make a dollar on deer that are getting shot anyway?The states are going to give out the tags,and stop paying for dammage.Im not a farmer but i know alot of them,and i say let them charge for the tags.Of corse im not from Ill.So mabe thats why i feel this way>
ORIGINAL: 11pt

Let me start by saying that I'm not trying to spread some nasty rumor for fun. In fact, I HOPE its just a nasty rumor. I don't work for the IL DNR, but I work with several people who do and most of thewhispers that come down the grapevine are not too far off. Supposedly our distinguished governor (Rod) has been toying with the idea of putting the entire DNR under the IL EPA or Dept of Agriculture.

Now before you start brushing off this idea, keep in mind that this governor has a history of gutting the DNR, raiding its federal Pittman-Robertson wildlife funds for the general fund and appointing people with absolutely no wildlife education or training to be site superintendents at state game areas.

If the DNR was put under the EPA it would be bad, but if it was put under AG it would be terrible. We would likely end up with a system similar to what KS has. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that farmers out there can get nuisance deer tags and sell them for whatever the market will bear. Imagine what that would do in IL.

Anyway.....no proof but this isn't coming from the typical "brother's friend's cousin's wife" either
Old 12-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

I feel bad for you guys with this moron in office. We (NJ) had a similar issue a few years back with a certain women's pantywearing, highway rest area lot lizard governornamed Jim McGreedy. He tried to steal 3 mil out of our license saleskittyto pay for other NON related failed state crapand we were going to go after him big time with a personal law suite and also we hadpoliticalbacking from the US Sportsmens alliance, laywer and all. He backed down real fast but not before we lost a bear hunt and he made the courts agree that theNJ Fish and wildlife division had to report to the NJ Department of Enviromental Protection. Which of course was run by a person he appointed personally 2 years prior (gone now ofcoarse). Here is my message to all the states Fish and Gamesdeptartments and all their supporters that get the shaft and getcaught up inall the horse s@#t of these professional politicions power play, scumbags moves of manipulation RESIST, HARASS, AND PICKET HIS HOUSE, THE STATE BUILDING, HIS OFFICE HIS SUPPORTERS, POLITICAL CONTRIBUTERS,GET SIGNED WAIVERS TO KICK HIM OUT! To this day if I ever see our fudge packing X governor I will confront (now that he is void of being assigned a state trooper for a personal body gaurd)him and tell him how much me and 200k other sportsmen in NJhate his guts. Get a hekler or several to show up at every public speech he tries to make!! STAND UP FOR YOURS AND OTHERSRIGHTS