HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - IL Sportsmen/women beware
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 PM
furgitter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IL Sportsmen/women beware

As far as the rest of the stuff,i dont know.But why shouldnt a farmer be able to make a dollar on deer that are getting shot anyway?The states are going to give out the tags,and stop paying for dammage.Im not a farmer but i know alot of them,and i say let them charge for the tags.Of corse im not from Ill.So mabe thats why i feel this way>
ORIGINAL: 11pt

Let me start by saying that I'm not trying to spread some nasty rumor for fun. In fact, I HOPE its just a nasty rumor. I don't work for the IL DNR, but I work with several people who do and most of thewhispers that come down the grapevine are not too far off. Supposedly our distinguished governor (Rod) has been toying with the idea of putting the entire DNR under the IL EPA or Dept of Agriculture.

Now before you start brushing off this idea, keep in mind that this governor has a history of gutting the DNR, raiding its federal Pittman-Robertson wildlife funds for the general fund and appointing people with absolutely no wildlife education or training to be site superintendents at state game areas.

If the DNR was put under the EPA it would be bad, but if it was put under AG it would be terrible. We would likely end up with a system similar to what KS has. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that farmers out there can get nuisance deer tags and sell them for whatever the market will bear. Imagine what that would do in IL.

Anyway.....no proof but this isn't coming from the typical "brother's friend's cousin's wife" either