Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 North East Ohio Whitetail >

North East Ohio Whitetail

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

North East Ohio Whitetail

Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 AM

Default North East Ohio Whitetail

Well after all the dust settled on opening week, I have to say I did enjoy this season. I saw a lot of does far off and had a very nice buck get close enough to scope out. I could see him walking thru the brush but never had the chance to take a shot. I was amazed at the number of shots that some hunters make. One burst had at least 14 shots. So much for one shot kills. Was not long after that a few does came through my area with the afterburners lit. Bad thing was that after all that lead flying I did not see ONE hunter walking to check to see if he made a hit. This part of hunting makes me wonder about some of us out there. On my way out on friday I saw where a buck was laying in a ditch and someone had stopped and cut the antlers off it. No wonder some people dont like hunters on their property. Well I did not get a deer in gun season but I am waiting for this weekend when the special two day hunt opens up. I know where I want to be and just hope I can duck all that lead that will be flying. Be safe guys...someone wants you home tonight
Old 12-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North East Ohio Whitetail

Dude, the second shotgun season is only 2 days long... the 16-17. Muzzleloader is 27-30 of December, which maybe is what you are talking about, but I do not want you going out with a shotgun thinking you are legal and getting busted.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:09 PM

Sorry was a typing error. But thanks for the headsup
Old 12-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:20 AM

Well my blackpowder season didnt go well. First day I saw no bucks at all. Just a few doe. Well the freezer thinks I dont love it anymore so i deceided to take a doe. Around 10:00 am a cpl hunters passed by me on the way out. Around 10:15 a doe walked out about 25 yards from me. I placed a shot right where it should be and she took off running. I gathered my stuff up and started to track her. The blood trail was quite good. I followed her along a tree line and a power line cut. She ran about 120 yards and then made a cut across the road.This was where it turned odd. It seems she was also a samuri deer. She managed to gut herself and then convince two people to drag her off and give her a ride in their pickup truck. Needless to say I was NOT to happy. I didn't even finish the day hunting. I guess not all of us have morals when it comes to deer hunting. This is twice that this has happened to me in the last 20 years. I am really thinking about hanging up my hunting stuff and go fishing. Never had anyone steal a fish from me yet.
Hope you all had a better time than i did
Bill
Old 12-30-2006, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: racetek330

Well my blackpowder season didnt go well. First day I saw no bucks at all. Just a few doe. Well the freezer thinks I dont love it anymore so i deceided to take a doe. Around 10:00 am a cpl hunters passed by me on the way out. Around 10:15 a doe walked out about 25 yards from me. I placed a shot right where it should be and she took off running. I gathered my stuff up and started to track her. The blood trail was quite good. I followed her along a tree line and a power line cut. She ran about 120 yards and then made a cut across the road.This was where it turned odd. It seems she was also a samuri deer. She managed to gut herself and then convince two people to drag her off and give her a ride in their pickup truck. Needless to say I was NOT to happy. I didn't even finish the day hunting. I guess not all of us have morals when it comes to deer hunting. This is twice that this has happened to me in the last 20 years. I am really thinking about hanging up my hunting stuff and go fishing. Never had anyone steal a fish from me yet.
Hope you all had a better time than i did
Bill
I HATE that. Why would anyone steal someone else's deer? I had a small six pointer taken from me during gun season while trailing it. I did walk up on the guy and his son as they were gutting it. Not knowing how insane these individuals really were, I just stared at the both of 'em and said "nice buck, I'm happy to have shot it for you", and walked away. I'm sorry it had to happen to you as well.