HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - North East Ohio Whitetail
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 AM
racetek330

Default North East Ohio Whitetail

Well after all the dust settled on opening week, I have to say I did enjoy this season. I saw a lot of does far off and had a very nice buck get close enough to scope out. I could see him walking thru the brush but never had the chance to take a shot. I was amazed at the number of shots that some hunters make. One burst had at least 14 shots. So much for one shot kills. Was not long after that a few does came through my area with the afterburners lit. Bad thing was that after all that lead flying I did not see ONE hunter walking to check to see if he made a hit. This part of hunting makes me wonder about some of us out there. On my way out on friday I saw where a buck was laying in a ditch and someone had stopped and cut the antlers off it. No wonder some people dont like hunters on their property. Well I did not get a deer in gun season but I am waiting for this weekend when the special two day hunt opens up. I know where I want to be and just hope I can duck all that lead that will be flying. Be safe guys...someone wants you home tonight