Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Mn hunters, what would u do diffrent? >

Mn hunters, what would u do diffrent?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Mn hunters, what would u do diffrent?

Old 01-11-2007, 03:53 PM

Default RE: Mn hunters, what would u do diffrent?

., why should the muzzle loader (0-150yds)not have a scope., but a high power rife(0-500yds) can???., maybe they should swap the two., something to think about??
Old 01-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

If you are going to put a scope on your muzzleloader they should just have another rifle season. Muzzleloader season is supposed to be with a traditional type gun. I dont think they had scopes back then and I'm sure they shot deer bigger than I have.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:16 PM

and so with the recurve and long bow(they are traditional right?)., im sure they didnt have sights back then????or release aids?? so they should have2 bow seasons?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Fork Horn

Lots of opinions here!!

Scopes on muzzleloaders- Lets see what you guys say when you get older and can't focus worth a crap on your sights!! I'M there!!!

Bows- Traditional vs compound- They are still pretty much a short range weapon. By the way I am mostly a bowhunter. I use both types!

Antler restrictions- I think it is a good idea. I have seen it work in other states and also on elk herds. Very viable option.

Party hunting- I hate to say it but its kind of a tradition in MN. Don't really see much problem other than there always seems to be that one guy in the group that shoots everything he sees and wants others in the party to tag it so he can keep hunting!

I agree wholeheartedly with Teejay on the mentality part of how alot of the hunters are. Shoot anything with horns before the other guy gets it. The sooner we can educate people on proper deer managment the better off the state will be.

My .02!
Old 01-13-2007, 08:58 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: WWhunter

Lots of opinions here!!

Scopes on muzzleloaders- Lets see what you guys say when you get older and can't focus worth a crap on your sights!! I'M there!!!

ww ., im there also.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am all for swaping the seasons!

ORIGINAL: mnsqueeze

., why should the muzzle loader (0-150yds)not have a scope., but a high power rife(0-500yds) can???., maybe they should swap the two., something to think about??
Old 01-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

sure maybe I say no scope on your muzzleloader because I am young and can see perfect still. But in mn if you want a scope on your muzzleloader you have to hunt during the regular gun season. I dont have a problem with that. I just dont want to see scopes used during the muzzleloader season.