Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 diffrent forums for different bows and gear >

diffrent forums for different bows and gear

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

diffrent forums for different bows and gear

Old 02-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default diffrent forums for different bows and gear

Hello to all my fellow shooters. I know I'm new to this forum. however, I'd like to know all of your opinions on this. We all agree that this site is one of the best for archery. However, wouldn't it be better if there was a forum for each bow? Then one for arrows, sites, releases, etc?

Motorcycle sites do this and it makes it easy to find info on my bike while not getting off topic. It would make it a lot easier to find help with a particular problem. Thetechnical forum could be for help with set-up and such.

Let me know what you think?

Old 02-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: diffrent forums for different bows and gear

Welcome davepjr71. There is a forum for each bow, " bowhunting"-mostly all compounds,"Traditional Archery"- self explanitory, and "Crossbows". The other stuff is handled on "Gear Review" or "Technical".
Old 02-25-2007, 12:55 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a forum for each of the big three bow manufacturers. (Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech)

Since they are dominating the industry and quite a few people have them, it would make it easier to get feedback and not go off topic.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

I wouldn't mind seeing a forum for each of the big three bow manufacturers. (Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech)

Since they are dominating the industry and quite a few people have them, it would make it easier to get feedback and not go off topic.
Wouldn't work.

You'd get people whining about "Where's the [Martin/Ross/Oneida/Darton/Parker/Etc] forum!?"

What we've got now has worked for years. The search feature is a big help most times to find out if your question or questions have already been asked.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:36 PM

Yeah, I suppose your right.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think it would be a bad idea for the bow manufacturers but the components would be a bit much. They do this on www.offshoreonly.com for each performance boat manufacturer and it works out well.

I like it this way too as long as when people ask a question about a certain bow or specific type of equipment others don't jump on their soapbox about why the inquired about equipment is inferior or superior. Too much bickering sometimes.

The specific forum would give some the opportunity to discuss openling about their bow without getting highjacked so much.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 03-02-2007, 04:26 PM

I think that would be great.
We have a forum for Oneida bows at www.oneidabows.net
We welcome anyone interested in oneida bows to check out our new site.
Shoot Straight Joe
Old 03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mathews has its own forum at www.mathewsinc.com. The nice thing about that is since it's ran by Mathews, it has several corporate reps who frequent the forum and are available to help out with tech issues or anything like that.

Bowtech has several corporate representatives who frequent this site, myself included obviously. Not sure if Hoyt's got its own forum; perhaps TFOX or someone could help out there.

Welcome to Huntingnet by the way; this is the friendliest and most-helpful bunch I've found over the years who're willing to help other bowhunters out -- irrespective of their bow of choice.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:02 PM

Thanks Greg, I think most the bow companys today have great bows. I just like Oneida bows. Thanks again Joe